• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash videos on galaxy tab 10.1

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to play flash videos on samsung galaxy tab 10.1. even after downloading flash 11. nor I am able to see cctv on my devise. Am I not doing something in thesetting that I am supposed to do?

can someone please help as it is getting frustrating not to be able to get this from an other wise good gadget.

tks

yogesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Hi!

Let's try this.  If you go to:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

What version does it report?  If it says, like the other sites, Flash Player isn't installed, then your plugins may have been disabled.  To re-enable them, do the following:

Open the Browser

Hit the Menu Button

Confirm that Enable Javascript is checked

Choose Settings > Enable Plug-Ins and make sure that it's set to Always On

I'm hopeful this may correct the problem.  Let me know!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yogesh!

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  What happens when you try to play a video?  Do you get any kind of feedback or error message?  Also, what version of Player do you have installed on your device?  Would you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and post the version it displays?  Can you give me a link to a video that is causing problems?

Let's get to the bottom of this problem!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. With latest Flash update I get a blank screen when on a page with Flash. Without latest update I get a box with a down arrow. The screen goes dark when I click on the arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I have the same problem. There is no error message, only the blank space when I try to see a video. (www.sciencedump.com).

Today I tried to check the problem on Samsung Galaxy tab emulator but ther was an error message : You need to have Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher

rgds

Mirko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are looking into this problem.  I'm curious, science dump appears to be showing YouTube videos... Do you have problems with YouTube as well?

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

following is the link. If you try on Samsung Tab 10.1 it doesnt play the live TV.

http://live.indiatimes.com/default.cms?timesnow=1

The video portion on the screen turn black and remains black. It shows a message to get flash 11. I did that. But the problem continues. I checked in my apps downloaded too. flash 11 is installed.

Please keep me posted on this.

Also, I am not able to view cctv on my tab. What do I do for that?

Yogesh Sawhney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) First, verify that Flash Player is installed and working on your system.

Check the Flash Player Version Detection page, here (the link is case-sensitive):  http://adobe.ly/wRILS 

b) If you see the box with version information, you have successfully installed Flash Player and will be able to view Flash content via the Android browser. 

c) If you see a “Get Flash Player” icon instead of the version information, confirm that both Browser Plug-Ins and JavaScript are enabled on your device:

Open the Browser

Hit the Menu Button

If the settings above did not match, this probably fixed the problem. 

Please visit the Flash Player Version Detection Page (http://adobe.ly/wRILS ) again.

If you see the version information now, you're done!  Congratulations.

d) If not, it sounds like the installation did not work correctly. 

First uninstall Flash Player by doing the following:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player

Hit Uninstall (or Uninstall Updates) and follow the prompts

Restart your phone.  This will make sure that anything that might be keeping the Flash Player binary locked is no longer running.

Once the phone comes back up, open the Market and search for "Flash Player".  Follow the installation prompts.

Please repeat the steps to confirm that JavaScript and Plug-Ins are enabled, and then check the version detection page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Let's try this.  If you go to:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

What version does it report?  If it says, like the other sites, Flash Player isn't installed, then your plugins may have been disabled.  To re-enable them, do the following:

Open the Browser

Hit the Menu Button

I'm hopeful this may correct the problem.  Let me know!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You are great sir. Problem solved. Love you for this. Had to just change the settings to keep plug in always on. 

No one, even at the samsung service center (2 times) could tell me this.

Thank you very much for this.

Yogesh Sawhney

Sent from Samsung tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Thanks for looking into this. Solved !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Flash version 11.1.111.8 The flash test page shows flash is installed and working. I have javascript enabled and plugins always on. The droid version is 3.2 On the BBC News site the 1 min summary gives "media selection request failed" Same thing happens if I go to the news channel and in the side bar. All other videos play. This has only started recently. The failing videos used to play without problems. Have been using my own proxy at home from abroad recently and the videos did play at first but then stopped working during the trip. Have since removed and reinstalled flash and cleared cookies etc. but cannot fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Stuart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Savior is here. I had the same problem with my hp laptop and my Samsung touch screen but the only way i solved it was backing up my files then doing a FULL restore to factory OUT OF THE BOX condition. IF you've tried everything like i did and none of it worked, then this is the only other option(in my opinion, unless you wanna take it to a computer tech to help you and PAY him for it). I spent 2 weeks trying to solve this problem while using IE for it's availability with flash.

I wasn't able to use any flash for Facebook nor can i use it for game or youtube and after I backed up my files on a flash drive and some blank Cd(sometimes might take a little more depending on what your backing up) and factory restored it to it's fresh out of the box condition, and it worked like normal again with flash working for everything i had after i restored all my programs/games that i had back up earlier on an USB flash drive and some blank CD's .

little advice. ONLY FACTORY RESTORE, IF YOU CAN'T FIND ANY OTHER OPTIONS AND HAVE NOT INSTALLED ANYTHING BIG RECENTLY BECAUSE THAT CAN SOMETIMES CAUSE THE FLASH PROBLEMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines