Skip navigation
beezer11
Currently Being Moderated

How do I delete files from read on my iPad?

Oct 23, 2011 6:57 AM

Tags: #adobe

How do I delete files off the iPad that are in reader?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2011 11:05 AM   in reply to beezer11

I am also trying to find the answer to this question.  I did a web search and one respondant said you need a 3rd party app to browse the contents of you iPad (or iPod in my case).  I download a large monthly periodical and my device will fill up very quickly unless I can delete previous pdf's.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good 3rd party file browser and where  to find previously read pdf's on an iPod/iPad/iPhone.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2011 3:42 AM   in reply to beezer11

Hi, deleting files. On the reader Home screen there is in the top left an icon labeled Documents. Touch this and you will get a list of your files. Swipe the file you want to delete, right to left. You will get at Delete button to the right of your file. Touch this button and your file is gone. The list of files below the document icon are a recently read list and you can't delete files from there.

Hope this helps,

Scoobing, Manchester, UK.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2011 7:26 AM   in reply to scoobing

Thanks, scoobing.  That wasn't as intuitive as I expected, but you saved me a lot of trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to beezer11

And how do I rename my file ? Thanks before.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to R48MT

I couldn't find a way to rename my files in my iPad2 Adobe (they were downloaded from a company's web site and were named with just random letters and numbers), so this is what I did:

1.  Connected my iPad to my PC and opened iTunes.

2.  Emailed them as atttachments from my iPad and opened the received email on my home PC, then Saved them in My Documents.

3.  I renamed them on my home PC.

4.  In iTunes, clicked on DEVICES and my iPad device.

5.  Selected APPS from the menu bar.

6.  At the bottom of the screen under File Sharing and Apps, click on Adobe Reader

7.  At the bottom of the Adobe Reader Documents list, click on the Add... button

Once you add them to iTunes, you'll see them automatically on your iPad.

8.  Now you can delete your pre-renamed files.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to itgarys

Sadly this is the only way you can rename files on the Adobe Reader app as of now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to scoobing

Thanks for the help

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 8:34 PM   in reply to scoobing

Thank you so much for this info!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to beezer11

Hello,

can we reverse the method? I just deleted my recent viewed files from iPad wich contained very important files. How can i put it back?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to Morrdecai

If you just "Cleared" your recently viewed list, the documents aren't gone. They can still be found in your "Documents" list. The recently viewed list just lists the most recent documents, and allows you to clear it out if it's showing you old files you don't consider recent any longer.

I've considered removing the "clear" option there because of this confusion.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to fuzzforfun

It simply doesn't do this. I have two documents that have a tick on the left side - there's nothing on the right of the file. Normally, you'd expect a delete option to appear but it doesn't and so they remain ticked - but there. Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to FlutterZoogie

In Adobe Reader,  you can delete files by going to documents then swipe from right to left on the document you want to delete – the delete button should then come up and you can press it and it will forever delete the file.  It works.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2013 8:38 PM   in reply to beezer11

Hello

Is still important because accidentally deleting the wrong file it? Sometimes less than the number of documents at your fingertips deleted, until a rude awakening when you want it on, and now there is a software allows you lost files on Apple devices to come back again, is not very eager to try it wanted it? Even if you own less than you can when you're her friends encountered such a problem can recommend to their friends a pressing need.

More confidence Source:

http://www.driphonedatarecovery.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2013 9:06 PM   in reply to Marisa Jean

When you're in the document list...swipe your finger from right to left on the document you want to delete.  It's brings up the delete button in red so you then delete the document.  Hope this helps.

Mary

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2014 6:03 AM   in reply to scoobing

Hey scoobing! Let me ask you: Accidentally, I sent a file with other extension to the Adobe Reader via iTunes, so I opened my application on my iPad to delete the file itself by using your advice, its tourned out that Adobe Reader didn't show me this file, so my question: How Can I delete that file via my iTunes? Because I've tried it, but there's any option to do that. Any smart ideas?

Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 10:04 AM   in reply to tscosj

If you added the file using iTunes while the device was tethered to your computer, you should be able to remove it using the same techniques.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points