• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need RoboHelp Server to publish RoboHelp WebHelp/WebHelp Pro?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used RoboHelp to create online Help for a web application many years ago. As I remember it, it was very easy. My developers told me where to upload the files, and I told them what file to reference from the web application.

Now I'm in a different company and about to start using RoboHelp to create online Help for a web application. I have RoboHelp, but I don't have RoboHelp Server. My developer is asking me questions about the server and server licensing. I don't recall ever having these concerns the last time I used RoboHelp, and so now I'm confused.

I think the reason I didn't need RoboHelp Server the first time is because I generated WebHelp and not WebHelp Pro. Is that right? And so I would only need RoboHelp Server if I wanted to generate WebHelp Pro?

So if I have all that right, and if I just want to generate WebHelp, then what information do I need to provide to my developer? I will not have any "server and server licensing" information to provide to him, right?

And on the other hand, if we decided we wanted WebHelp Pro, then we have to purchase the $999 RoboHelp Server, is that right?

Your help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

To clarify Rick's comment. You only need RoboHelp Server to publish WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro.

The "Pro" outputs are strictly to accommodate the special RoboHelp Server needs.

John Daigle

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josie

You have it correct. You only need RoboHelp Server if you want to publish WebHelp or FlashHelp Pro.

All you need to tell your developer is that basic WebHelp or FlashHelp behave identically to standard web pages. So no special licensing is required.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, I just want to confirm: You only need RoboHelp Server if you want to publish WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify Rick's comment. You only need RoboHelp Server to publish WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro.

The "Pro" outputs are strictly to accommodate the special RoboHelp Server needs.

John Daigle

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp