• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find the serial number on my Adobe product box?

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can usually locate the serial number on the back of the CD or DVD case.  If you have an envelope for your software then it may be located on the envelope instead. 

For more help locating your serial number, see Find a serial number, or try this focused search.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Which product did you install?  You should have received an e-mail which contains your serial number and a link to the download.  Otherwise I would recommend reviewing the following documents:

How to find a download link on Adobe.com

Find a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do nothave my cd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you only have a box then?  Or where did you purchase the software from was it from Adobe directly and you selected the option to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I bought photoshop (student & teacher adition) 4 weeks ago, i regestered following all the steps only line 3 weeks ago. I was told i would recieve an emial with the serial number. I have not recieved this email, is there a possibility of resending it or doing it a different way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cl54321 please see the I have a Student and Teacher edition product section of Find a serial number - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.  There are details on how to check the status of your serial number depending on how and where you purchased the Student & Teacher edition of the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeff i have a trial of adobe illustrator cs6... my trial of 30 dys is giong on and i m signed in on adobe.. i want to license this product.. frm where i get my serial key???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monichiku you will want to purchase Illustrator CS6 to obtain a serial number.  You can purchase Illustrator CS6 at Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff why does it say my serial number is invalid when i enter it?? I paid good money for this... why cant i download it to more than one computer???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicole.jess did you purchase your software from Adobe.com?  We do employ activation technology but that would not cause you to receive an invalid serial number message.  Unfortunately we really can't validate your serial number through the forums.  We need to verify to much personal information which should be private.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/tuMwkC.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue surrounding your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Jeff. i figured out the problem to the invalid serial number. turns out i some how installed Premier elements 9 while i was installing photoshop elements 9 to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent I am happy to hear you were able to get the software installed successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having issue with my product code. I have the student edition and have bought a new computer. I would like to transfer from old computer to the new. However when I enter the product code (to get serial for student edition) it tells me code is invalid. Please help. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Davidh028 you will want to enter your serial number not the product code.  Review this discussion on how to locate your registered serial numbers at http://www.adobe.com/.  Product code were only used to generate a serial number.  The serial number would still need to be registered to your account.

If you are using a recent Adobe software title it is possible the registration was done automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IM HAVING SAME PROBLEM...WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too and this is not helpful. I can't believe how stupid it is I'd have never bought this if I knowew they won't help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bettinab52 what specific difficulties are you facing with locating your serial number?  I would recommend re-reviewing this discussion as it covers most of the available scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem serial number i cannot find  also but after reading the comments i think i installed it wrong should i uninstall and try again????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marv.pena how did you install the software incorrectly?  Also did you install in trial mode or are you still looking for your serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not sure it seems like i have the product but its in a trial mode i bought the download a few days ago but not sure where the serial number is

never done this before but am confused not trying to lose money ive tried to uninstall it but it wont because of adobe bridge any sugguestions on what i may be doing wrong or if i did i  install it wrong plz thx

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which product did you install?  You should have received an e-mail which contains your serial number and a link to the download.  Otherwise I would recommend reviewing the following documents:

How to find a download link on Adobe.com

Find a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasnt in my email all i recieved was the link to the download and my order id ive also been on the support sights but no luck

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mav,pena please see this excerpt from the How to find a download link on Adobe.com document.

1. Go to the Adobe Store for your country and sign in with your Adobe ID and password.
  2. Click My Orders and then My Order History.
  3. Locate the order number, and click the Download link in the Downloads column.
  4. Start the download by doing one of the following:
  5. Click Download and follow the onscreen instructions.
  6. Click Akamai Download Manager and follow the onscreen instructions.
  7. Click Alternate Download Method, and then click the .7z and .exe files (Windows) or the .dmg file (Mac OS) to download the software to your computer.

If you follow these steps you should be able to locate your purchase to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your time and help this has helped me alot

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your more than welcome Marv,pena.  I am happy to hear you were able to download your software successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have a similar situation.

I purchased my Adobe Creative Suite: Design Standard online, and I was told I would receive an email with my serial number.

I have received my product in the mail, and wish to install it now. However there is no serial number on the product box, or insert envelope. Still waiting on the email and its been about 4 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines