Skip navigation
annagobre21
Currently Being Moderated

Why my adobe lightbox gallery widget works well on "live view" and not well in the browsers?

May 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Hi I need help with adobe lightbox gallery.I am building a website using dreamweaver cs5.

My problem is that the gallery works perfect in "live view" but when I check it in the browsers the pictures do not show at all.

What am I doing wrong .Please help.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2011 9:07 AM   in reply to annagobre21

Have you checked that all the required files (scripts and css) have been uploaded to your site?

Also, make sure that the paths are right: Sometimes the path to the linked files is wrong because it's using a site relative path instead of a document relative one.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2011 10:45 PM   in reply to Andres Cayon

I am trying to configure LightBox Gallery, working to make it work on my site.  I removed it from my site to try another setup, but now it does not install the css folder, the scripts folder or the images folder.  Why is that happening?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 2:53 AM   in reply to Pollilop

Do you see the required folders in your local version of the site?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 9:07 AM   in reply to Andres Cayon

Thanks for answering!  I removed the other folders (the css, scripts and images) to try them in another folder, but when I tried to install again from within Dreamweaver, it wouldn't add those.  I finally got it to work by using the Save Files option from within Widget Browser.  But it didn't put all of the code into the page, I had to copy and paste the missing portions from the code view in Widget Browser.  Finally it worked!

I appreciate your response!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to annagobre21

I am having similar problem.  The lightbox work well in live view but the directional images next, previous, close don't show up in browser.  The images are images folder in site, what path do I need to change to.  All other images are in Assets folder,

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 11:03 PM   in reply to CarRJS

I have come across this problem.

In the lightbox.js file you have a navigation script which reads images/lightbox/lightbox-ico-loading.gif etc etc

make sure your folder spelling and case is the same.

i.e capital 'I' for images will not work if your folder is spelt with a lower case

Hope this makes it clear and helps.

Jerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to CarRJS

I am having the same problem.

My webpage works fine on my computer, but the website I uploaded is not displaying pre/next & close button.  All the images are where they are supposed to be.

I've verified the links on the html on the page and CSS files... what else do I need to check to make this work??

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to Julie726

I see you have resolved this.

Always have to be very aware of the upper and lower case differences.

In some editors the change to code can be very subtle but will have a significant effect.

Just spent 4 hours checking code only to find a couple of link spelling mistakes.

Good luck

Jerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2012 1:49 AM   in reply to bribie_websites

Hi All:

From my experience with other people having problems with the widget, here are some things you can check when it doesn't work:

• Names with uppercase characters: Some servers don't see a difference between "images" and "Images" but most of them do: Check that the paths to the folders and files are correctly written. I encourage people to use always lowercase characters. Same applies to spaces (I prefer to use an underscore instead)
    • "scripts" folder: I've also found that some servers don't allow a folder called "scripts". You should change both the folder name and the paths in the main document.
    • Paths: This is the most common one: Make sure that the paths to the required files are correct. In theory, you shouldn't find this when the document is at the site root. If the document is inside a folder, sometimes files' location and related paths may vary. If you are using CS5 or above, a good trick is using the related files toolbar and check whether DW can find and open the files.
    • Upload all the required files: Some users forget to upload the "lightbox" folder, located inside "images". That folder contains the images used by the lightbox to work (nav and close buttons, for example). And also check that the paths to those images is correct. In this case, you can edit the paths in the parameters that you will find in the script code added to the document (names are quite self explanatory and every param is commented, so this shouldn't be a problem)

I hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points