Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What does the <oa:widgets> tag do?

Oct 20, 2011 1:32 PM

Hi All,

I recently started experimenting with some of the widgets available for DW.  I notice that when inserting one onto a page that there is a section of script that gets added after all of the styling info.  There is one top level tag <oa:widgets> and then 1 tag for each of the widgets added with an id and a binding.  Can anyone tell me exactly what these lines of code are doing? Do they even need to be there?

Thanks,

Chris

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2011 9:50 AM   in reply to chriscatalano

Chris,

I recently started experimenting with some of the widgets available for DW.  I notice that when inserting one onto a page that there is a section of script that gets added after all of the styling info.  There is one top level tag <oa:widgets> and then 1 tag for each of the widgets added with an id and a binding.  Can anyone tell me exactly what these lines of code are doing? Do they even need to be there?

Dreamweaver web widgets conform to the Open AJAX Alliance (openajax.org) standard for widgets. I think these tags help DW know what widgets you have on your page when it's edited. I don't think it will break anything if you remove them.

HTH,

Randy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points