Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Help (F1) Does Not Open - Applies to All Applications in TCS 3.5

Oct 25, 2011 3:44 PM

Tags: #photoshop_cs5 #framemaker_10;

I've installed version 3.5 of the Technical Communications Suite (TCS) on a windows XP 32 computer. All of the applications open as they should but the HELP for each application does not open. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2011 5:14 AM   in reply to 01MZ3

Make sure that you got the AIR runtime installed - TCS help runs on AIRHelp

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2011 6:46 AM   in reply to 01MZ3

It should be - however, there have been reports of flakey installs when done from DVD - solution is to copy all contents into temp folder & install from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2011 7:06 AM   in reply to 01MZ3

I'm slightly confused - are you trying to install TCS on a server (definite no-no) or are you placing the installation files it on a server so that individual workstations can install from that server location? (if the latter, then I'm not sure if that would work - you'll need to check with Adobe Support - BTW, install issues are usually freebie calls)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2011 8:30 AM   in reply to 01MZ3

So you've copied the contents of the DVD into some folder on the server & then are running the installer at a workstation by browsing to it on the server drive. Does the workstation have full admin rights? Remember, if installing on Vista or higher, you have to manually "give" yourself full rights to your C:\ drive - it doesn't happen automatically like it did with XP.

I'm still not positive that installing this way will work correctly. If you think it is, try running the AIR runtime (freebie off the Adobe website) on the workstation & see if the help appears.

Oh & the workstations have access to the internet, right? If they don't, then you'll definitely need to contact Support to get activated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points