Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What version of Photoshop do I need to open PSDX files?

Oct 26, 2011 8:48 AM

I have a tablet with PS Touch, and a copy of Photoshop CS4.  Can I open PS Touch PSDX files in my version of Photoshop?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to David-Herman

To open PSDX files in Photoshop, you will need Photoshop CS5. You will also need to download the plug-in to enable Photoshop CS5 to open PSDX files. For more information about using Photoshop Touch with Photoshop CS5, see this forum article. Another helpful resource is this new video by Russell Brown called, File Format Options with Photoshop Touch.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2011 11:54 AM   in reply to David-Herman

This seems kind of bogus to me that PST only saves in a format that can only be opened if you have the latest version of PS!?! Please tell me that is not the case!

-DKM

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2011 2:05 PM   in reply to David-Herman

I'm a PSE user, so having this only available to CS5 users tends to frustrate me a bit.  come on adobe, get with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2011 2:09 PM   in reply to David-Herman

I just tried this out, and you can email or send your pix from PST — in my case I sent one to my email box, and another to my Picasa account — and they were both sent as jpegs, which I was happy to see.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2011 4:23 PM   in reply to demonessmoon

Good point. This may be a good idea to share with the product team. For those of you who would like to see features or functionality that are not currently in this 1.0 version of Photoshop Touch, we have a place for you to make those requests. In this forum there is an Ideas section. Here you can add your ideas for the product. You can also vote on the ideas of other contributors. The product team will be keeping a close eye on this section and your ideas and votes could influence what features are in the next version of Photoshop Touch.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 8:15 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

Adobe this is not good.  Get this sorted.  I love the Photoshop Touch APP but it's pretty useless if it is in no way backwards compatible...  Sort it out!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

Will a plug-in be available for Photoshop Elements, or will it be built into future versions (i.e. Photoshop Elements 11)?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points