• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash v11 plugin crashes in SeaMonkey v2.0.14 and Iceweasel/Firefox v7.0.1 in Linux/Debian.

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Is anyone else having crashes with Flash v11 plugin not working in SeaMonkey v2.0.14 and Iceweasel/Firefox v7.0.1 in Linux/Debian? Iceweasel/Firefox says the plugin is crashing, but not the browser. In SeaMonkey, it crashes with it and I have to kill its processes. I had to downgrade back to old Flash v10. No problems with it. It seems like v11 is buggy for me.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not able to repro.  here's what i did:

• started with a fresh install of Debian 64-bit. 
  • uninstalled gnash since it was installed by default.
  • downloaded the tar.gz from adobe.com and used the 7za utility to unpack it. 
  • saved the binary, libflashplayer.so, to ~/.mozilla/plugins (created the dir since it was not there)
  • quit out of iceweasel and restarted browser
  • nav iceweasel to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just found out that there is a bug in NVIDIA's latest driver for Linux users according to http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=167698 ... It crashes Flash v11, not not v10. NVIDIA already made a bug report on it. Hopefully, they can and will fix it on their side. For now, use the older NVIDIA driver or use Flash v10 (have to use v10 since older NVIDIA drivers have a crazy bug with X.org v1.1 in Debian -- known issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome!  drivers can always be a bit hairy.  thanks for sharing that bit of info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

awesome!  drivers can always be a bit hairy.  thanks for sharing that bit of info...

You mean computers can be a bit hairy. I wonder why does v11 crash and not v10. Is there something new in v11 that requires something from the latest NVIDIA drivers? Accerelation improvements or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies, i was out yesterday...

nothing specific for linux.  in fact, hardware acceleration has been disabled and will fall back to software from what i am told.  i'm thinking you should not even crash if this is the case.

which graphics card and Nvidia driver version do you have currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

apologies, i was out yesterday...

nothing specific for linux.  in fact, hardware acceleration has been disabled and will fall back to software from what i am told.  i'm thinking you should not even crash if this is the case.

which graphics card and Nvidia driver version do you have currently?

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB; PCIe) and using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-290.03.run NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA's web site. Also, more people posted in that http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2495082 forum thread about Flash v11 crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've entered an external bug, but because it is a crasher, it is not externally visible.  thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

i've entered an external bug, but because it is a crasher, it is not externally visible.  thanks again...

Thanks. You said external. Is this accessible from the public? If so, then where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a catch 22.  i entered it externally as a crasher.  unfortunately, all labeled crashers are not viewable to the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

it's a catch 22.  i entered it externally as a crasher.  unfortunately, all labeled crashers are not viewable to the public.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

libflashplayer.so wrote:

Any updates on this? v11.1 with with NVIDIA driver v290.03 still crashes. I guess it is still a NVIDIA driver bug. 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines