• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Echo problem

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have used these setting for mike,but i am facing echo and some disturbance problem.

SO can anyone tell me how to reduce that issue

private function setMic():void
            {
                microphone = Microphone.getMicrophone();
                microphone.setLoopBack(true);
                microphone.setUseEchoSuppression(true);
                microphone.rate = 11
                microphone.gain = 65;
                microphone.setSilenceLevel( 5, 1000 );
                microphone.soundTransform = new SoundTransform(0);
            }

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you setting loopback to true? Is there any need to have the user's microphone routed to the speakers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digging this one up from the grave maybe...

I've come across an issue where I need to get the mic activity level and the only way to get that is with the loopback set to true unless sending to a server.

With that, the sound comes back into the speakers of the computer.

Using the method above (as recommended in the docs) doesn't work. Setting the soundTransform object of the microphone does not stop the mic from coming back into the speakers as it should when you set the volume to 0. Does anybody else have this same issue? Any solutions? is this a bug of the flash player? It used to work a long time ago and only recently have I had the need to use this kind of code again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution Graeme its almost 5 years old but I rebuilt it in AS 3.0 and FMS 5.0.....There is no other site that uses what I use. They all seem to be coping each other instead of developing. I was planning to put it in my archive and wait to see  how long this technique takes for somebody else to think of but I'm tempted to show it to you because I've shown it to others but I'm scared to show it to you because you could actually recreate it ....I think of this code as my pet...heck maybe its not even valueable to anybody but me. But you know by not sharing i'm not progressing development techniques call me selfish I guess. what are your thoughts on this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you've done. More than that though I'd like to see this bug fixed. So off to the bug base I go.

It's all up to you if you want to share. There are things that I don't put out there but nothing that is 5 years old. The way I see it, if I've written it then it's already old because I've probably already thought of a better way to do whatever it is I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

allright i'll quite playing games and show you. Can I PM you with the website name and a special warning I have before you enter the site? I must explain the site before yo enter so I can attempt to explain and avoid damaging my character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines