Skip navigation
Phil.com
Currently Being Moderated

Disk Menue in APE8

Oct 27, 2011 12:52 PM

I am part of a video production and editing group and running APE7.0.  We use a standard Disk Menu/Start page "Countdown".  One of our members is running APE8 and can't find  Disk Menu/Start page "Countdown".  Has it been eliminated or did she delete it by mistake.  I have looked throught all the themes and no "Countdown". Is there any was to add it back or get it in the first palce.

Thanks.

Cheers  Phil

Cupertino Senior TV Productions

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2011 3:33 PM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil,

Premiere Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 both have included in the Disc Menus section of the program Entertainment/Countdown. That particular DVD Template Countdown is no longer included in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and 10. Is your associate sure of the version in use?

It is highly unlikely that your associate deleted it by mistake unless she was in the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 program files of the computer, possibly modifying the .psd for the Countdown template there. So, best look to see if the Countdown Folder and its contents still exist in that version 8.0/8.0.1 program files. If the computer operating system is Windows 7, then go the route:

Local C drive\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Premiere Elements 8.0\DVD Templates\Common\Entertainment\Countdown.

Where is the installation disc for Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1? Why not reinstall the disc menus?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2011 4:23 PM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil,

Thanks for the follow up. I am not over this way too often lately, but I will be watching for your results.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 1:20 PM   in reply to Phil.com

All of the menu templates since version 3 use the same structure and can be loaded into any of the last several versions of the program, Phil.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 3:58 AM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil,

I think you must be able to do the same thing for APE9 as well as 10 although I would imagine that adobe will not provide any support for such thing, but they should work fine.

Good Luck,

Aniks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 5:33 AM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil,

Yes, as Steve mentions, the format of the Menu Sets has remained the same, since PrE 3.

I would Copy the full folder with Countdown, or other Menu Sets, as there are several other files, such as the PNG images, that provide the "thumbnails" in the Create Menu Panel. Also, some Menu Sets also have Motion Assets and Audio, so keeping the folder, and any additional files, is a good method.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points