• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF 2012 Reader/Writer/Converter

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting emails, supposedly from Adobe, offering me a free download of PDF2012 Reader/Writer/Converter (because of my previous custom!). I can't find anything about this product on the Adobe website; Does anyone know if it is a phishing con? jimcfeb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Definitely a phishing scam. See our Acrobat Family product matrix - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a phishing scam. See our Acrobat Family product matrix - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received the same type mail. I am also awaiting a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-2-2012  I just got an email asking me to upgrade to Acrobat Reader/Writer 2012.

Email was from Adobe Acrobat Reader

I am assuming this is also a scam.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got one today too.

Not sure how this could be a phishing scam: the links go to a subdomain of ticketmaster.com, and don't seem to be asking for any sensitive info.  If the links point to pages with malicious payload - congrats to hackers for infecting ticketmaster.com:

[Edited by forum host - malicious links removed]

Adobe apparently warned people of a phishing scam in 2010, but this doesn't look like phishing - more like malicious payload (worm) attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recieved the same email, good think I scrolled over the sender to see the email address. I thought it was pretty suspicious..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email scams preporting to link to new versions of Adobe Reader are very common, and often get the product names wrong (there's no such thing as "Acrobat Reader" and certainly no 2012 edition). You should never follow the links in these emails, nor open any attachments.

Adobe Reader is available from the Adobe.com website, and other official sites (such as CNET) will link you directly to the Adobe.com server even though they list the software on their index. You should never download and install Adobe software from any other website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In small text at the bottom of the email's linked web page:

"

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely a scam, I would think Adobe would be all over these guys for using their logo, etc - and promoting a product that doesn't exist. Not to mention what bad things would happen should anyone download and try to install it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines