• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Crashes Repeatedly - Mac Lion OS / Firefox 7.0.1

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Firefox 7.1 and have had Adobe Flash repeatedly crash when trying to view videos on comcast.net and cbs.com.  I have updated Adobe Flash to the latest version (according to the Adobe site) and yet the crashes continue.  I need help. 

I am running:

Mac 10.7.1. (Lion)

Firefox 7.0.1 

Adobe Flash 10.3.183.10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not able to repro.  i tested on a macbook pro 10.7 10,3,183,10. 

did the issue happen with a firefox 7.0 update?  does it repro with firefox 6.0?

yesterday, we released a new Flash Player version 11,0,1,152.  can you install that and see if the issue continues to reproduce for you? 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue but only since updating to Flash 11.0.1.152. Most banner ads simply crash the plugin, YouTube too, but other Flash-powered players manage to work fine. Everything worked absolutely fine until I updated the Flash Player to the very latest build a couple of days ago. The same plugin works fine on Safari.

I have uninstalled the Flash Player twice now, and reinstalled it, with no luck. I was actually to find the previous build and try to install that, but I could find it.

I also seem to be experiencing issues with the latest build of Adobe Air

I am running:

Mac 10.7.2 (since this morning, but the issue also happened on 10.7.1 yesterday)

Firefox 7.0.1

Flash 11.0.1.152

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you cleary state

• the issues you were having wtih 10,3,183,10
  • the issues you are seeing with 11,0,1,152

send us a crashlog.  instructions here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83975.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I am getting is the following message:

"The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. No report available. Reload the page to try again."

This doesn't happen on all Flash sites bizarely, but happens on YouTube every single time.

I don't know what else to provide as info, but let me know what you need and I'll make sure I let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get any flash content to load in Firefox 7.01 at all. I've reistalled the latest plugin many times. Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 11.06.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue..

I just updated to the latest flash player. Flash 11.0.1.152

and I have Mac OS 10.6.8

and I am using Firefox 7.0.1

and since my update to the new flash player.. Everytime I load a website that has flash video (www.goal.com/en or www.football-italia.net)

my whole firefox hangs up for a minute and i can not use my whole firefox for around 10-20 seconds.

Please fix it or tell me how to do so?

Is it possible to downgrade my flash plugin to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with flashplayer crashing all the time, it's a real pain. It happens in both Chrome and Firefox, it works most of the time in Safari.

I work on:

Mac Lion OS

Chorme 5.0.874.106

Firefox 6.0.2

FlashPlayer 11.01.152

In Chrome it says "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash"

And in Firefox says: "The Adobe Flash plug-in has crashed. No report avaliable. Reload the page and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i haven't seen a crashlog, so let me assume everyone has the same issue.  the root cause of the crashers are with non standard fonts.  when the player enumerates through these fonts the non standard fonts causes the player to fault.  there are a few ways to get through this issue.  pick one that you feel comfortable doing.

try something new: level easy

we release FP 11.2 beta.  install this player version will take advantage of new code that handles the non standard fonts.  the player is beta and is watermarked, so keep this in mind.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-2/

i want to use FP11: level moderate

there are 2 solutions to try.  one is a quick and dirty, but is not as thorough...

solution 1:

• move all the fonts from your /Users/<yourUsername>/Library/Fonts to another location (eg. your desktop).  you have the option to delete them if you don't ever plan to use them again
  • quit your browser and restart your browser

solution 2:

i don't want to use FP11, but would rather downgrade: level easy/moderate

give one of them a try..

Note:  the solutions outline here apply to Safari and Firefox.  Chrome uses an embedded flash player plugin...  it's not advised, but you could disable the ebmedded plugin and make use or the installed alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have this sort of figured out.

It's clearly a font issue for me.

If I go into "Font Book" and disable all user fonts, I have no flash issues. As soon as I enable the user fonts, flash works again.

What I need NOW is to figure out how to root out corrupt fonts.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines