• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZWAdobeF font

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very keen to know what is purpose of ZWAdobeF font, who are the users of this special kind of font and what purpose this font type solves?

Is there any special feature regarding this type of font?

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The ZWAdobeF font is a special hack installed by Adobe Acrobat for use by some of its PDFMaker components for use as a marker in creating PDF files from Microsoft Office files.

Do not delete the font if you have Acrobat installed on the system. It is otherwise useless to end users.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ZWAdobeF font is a special hack installed by Adobe Acrobat for use by some of its PDFMaker components for use as a marker in creating PDF files from Microsoft Office files.

Do not delete the font if you have Acrobat installed on the system. It is otherwise useless to end users.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the ZWAdobeF font solve the purpose of conversion of some type of file format to PDF as the PDFMaker component in Adobe Acrobat and hence is installed on the system? Does removing the font causes the failure in the PDF conversion procedure. The issue i am facing is that when I am converting some text file in the ZWAdobeF font into PDF, text's relative position is changed in the created PDF and not the same as it was in the original drawing. My question is that if the font is used for internal support only then why other software like Office and others provide a font to write text in this format and what is the use of representation of this font for end users?

Kindly give me some information regarding this.

-CNatka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not use the ZWAdobeF font for any purpose whatsoever. It is not really a “valid” font. On the other hand, as long as you have Acrobat installed, don't delete it.

Just make believe it doesn't exist and you won't get into any trouble!!!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines