Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error: 'Dreamweaver is unable to open in the emulator ' on android apps

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

i just updated Android SDK manager to revision 15 and basically updated all repositories. The problem is that since i made this update both of my computers display this error when i try to "build and emulate" in dreamweaver CS5.5

Screen Shot 2011-10-30 at 7.47.33 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

i've found a solution!!!

i'm sure is not the best but at least do the trick to compile and install in emulator. Just follow this steps:

- on your Android SDK folder, locate the file "build.xml" inside /tools/ant

- open the file and search the string

<target name="install"

- right after the closing of  <target>  and before  <do-only-if-not-library>

insert this code:

<property name="out.packaged.file" location="${out.absolute.dir}/${ant.project.name}-debug-unaligned.apk" />

<property name="out.final.fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've found a solution!!!

i'm sure is not the best but at least do the trick to compile and install in emulator. Just follow this steps:

- on your Android SDK folder, locate the file "build.xml" inside /tools/ant

- open the file and search the string

<target name="install"

- right after the closing of  <target>  and before  <do-only-if-not-library>

insert this code:

<property name="out.packaged.file" location="${out.absolute.dir}/${ant.project.name}-debug-unaligned.apk" />

<property name="out.final.file" location="${out.absolute.dir}/${ant.project.name}-debug.apk" />

it should look something like this

Screen Shot 2011-10-30 at 8.36.54 AM.jpg

that will let you "build and emulate" as usual  (at least it worked on my iMac and Macbook). The problem with this approach is when Adroid gets updated it will overwrite build.xml and i must re-edit the file in order to have dreamweaver working :S

hope someone here with a deeper knowledge of android/dreamweaver find a better way to fix this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude. Fix it!

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, that was really helpfull, You saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, man!  It worked smoothly as silk.  I really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step1: You can run emulator android apps. it well error

Step2: You keep you keep running the emulator, then again you debug

I also encountered this error and now understand that to debug.

wish you success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

I just purchased Dreamweaver 5.5. I've never paid so much money for a program, but I wanted easy mobile app development. Dreamweaver is well known and I've used older versons years ago. I'm no rich person. I saved a long time to get this program. The mobile integration with both Android and iOS has been a nightmare. NOTHING worked as stated by Adobe. For this kind of money, the program should "just work".

You solved half of my problem with the Android sdk and emulator. Had to install the sdk manually. The so called Dreamweaver automatic set up never worked for me. How is anyone without programming knowledge of xml or other languages supposed to know to dig deeply into the developer files and do this?

After installing your fix, I saw my first actual application running on an android emulator. I've had Dreamweaver for almost two weeks.  I've been continually fighting to try get it to recognize the two development environments. This has been a nightmare. I've seen so many other posts that are stating the same problems.

Now, if only I can find a way to get iOS recognized.

You have my gratitude for your post.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your joy is my joy. Wish you success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines