• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy Install Android SDK via Dreamweaver CS5.5 Configure Application Framework

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to download Android SDK using Configure Application Framework from Site >> Mobile Applications but get the following error message everytime I try:

5-14-2011 11-52-00 AM.png

After clicking on "Easy Install..." button:

5-14-2011 11-52-20 AM.png

According to several tutorials available in Adobe's development network, this should be as easy as clicking on the button. I wonder what could be the issue on my end. Could you help please?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Hi, Mike.

Installing 11.5.1 does fix the issue we were having back in May; however, there seems to be a new issue which is causing the same failure of Easy Install.

See this post for a workaround: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3989733#3989733

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does a progress bar appear before it fails? If not then it could be a permissions error. The easy install will attempt to download the files into a temp folder in your "D:\SDKs\" folder then copy them into the android-sdk-windows folder. If could be it can't create the temp folder there. If you have the "D:\SDKs" window open when you click easy install, you might see these folders created and then deleted. If that happens then I'd look at your network connection and firewall as maybe it couldn't download them.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem exists on the Mac side.  So if it's not creating permissions it is on both platforms.  Tried moving to different folders, checking permissions after a bad install and the read/write privileges are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Yes, the progress bar appears for about 2-3 seconds and then I get the error message. I launched Dreamweaver CS 5.5 in Administrative mode and also double checked my user permission both in the Temp folder (C:\Users\Fawad\AppData\Local\Temp) and also the final destination folder (D:\SKDs) I have full permission in both places.

5-14-2011 3-13-31 PM.png

After about 2 to 3 seconds, I get this error message:

5-14-2011 11-52-20 AM.png

I have tried so many other places to download the files but no luck so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the Easy Install buttons appears to have promise, I found it easier to just get the installer from Google and then pointed DW to that folder and it recognized Google in a second.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. Yes, I was able to download the SDK and create couple virtual devices. I followed the setps on this tutorial Packaging web applications as mobile apps using Dreamweaver CS5.5 and have it ready. How can I use the virtual device I built in Android SDK and AVD Manager to test this application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like one of the zip files that ez install is downloading from the google site is corrupted. We're looking into the issue to see if there is anything we can do on our side. Also, if your app crashes in the emulator, you may want to try using an older version of the SDK. There was a bug in the emulator in the latest version of the SDK as we were getting ready to release, which is why ez install tries to download a specific version that we know worked when we shipped.

Here's a quick blog on the emulator issue:

http://tetontech.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/android-emulator-defect-causes-app-crash/

There will also likely be a tech note once we have a better solution for this.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your help. I downloaded the SDK and was able to create couple virtual devices in Android SDK and AVD Manager. How can I test the application I designed in Dreamweaver in the Android emulators?

I did link the SDK to my DW, however DW fails to launch the Android Emulator.

Any thoughts...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The emulator is launched on the command line. If you open up the targets folder where you application is getting built, there should be a file named buildlog.log in there. If you open that file then it could have more information. Near the bottom of the file there should be a section showing how the command is getting launched. If you see something in there that looks suspicuous or an actual error is getting logged then post it here. You can can also test the command that's getting run on the command line. Everything between the <DW>--- ---</DW> can get copied and pasted line by line into a command prompt and run (I think you can also copy & paste the whole section into a .bat file and run it too).

Hope that helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris. I decided to launch the Android emulator first and then tried building the application using DW. I was able to see the application automatically in the emulator environment. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First I would like to thank you for your help. I had the "failed to install" problem and now it is fixed.

I have another problem and still can't build and emulate.

Soooo :

- Android SDK is installed correctly

- Emulator works (I can launch it without a problem)

- When I do a build I have the following error :

CaERROR: Cannot copy phonegap files. Terminating.java.io.FileNotFoundException: com.mycompany.testapp\src\com\mycompany\testapp\DefaultActivity.java (The system cannot find the path specified)

ERROR: Clone failed
OPERATION CANCELED

Any idea why it fails ?

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your patience while we investigated the issue.

If you have not resolved the issue (e.g. by manually installing the Android SDK), then see this document for instructions to get this fixed:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/904/cpsid_90408.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carey,

same problem here:

I did install the Dreamweaver update that's supposed to fix the easy install and rebooted but I still get the error.

The error shows up so fast that I had to do a screen-recording to get it:

dw_update01.png

dw_update02.png

Hope this helps finding out what's going on.

Will try installing manually to get this running until Friday (need it for the Adobe Tech Summit 2011)

Cheers,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mike.

Installing 11.5.1 does fix the issue we were having back in May; however, there seems to be a new issue which is causing the same failure of Easy Install.

See this post for a workaround: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3989733#3989733

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carey,

thanks for the hint - that did work and the build process is working fine.

Now I'm only having problems getting the result to run in the emulator (the messagebox after the build says the run has completed successfully but I never see/saw anything in the emulator)

Emulating the SDK example projects works fine so it doesn't seem to be a broken emulator.

Cheers,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike - I am having the same problem.  This helped out some people, but not me: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4009927#4009927

edit: got it to work - see link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cymbals:

thanks a bunch - that fixed the build + emulate problems for me (it did build before but never ran in the emulator)

I'ts a bit of a hassle to fix this for every project but I hope the Dreamweaver team can provide a general fix in a future update.

@"Adobe" regarding the "Easy Install": If every change to the different download sites breaks this it doesn't seem to make that much sense to me after all. And I guess you can't even check for all dependencies with that function.

In my case I was missing the JDK in any case (the Android SDK notified me of that) so the whole process wouldn't have worked anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same "cannot copy phonegap files" error listed above, so any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.  I'm running XP and installed the Android SDK myself from Google rather than using the easy install which failed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

I've got the same error "CdERROR: Cannot copy phonegap files. Terminating.java.io.FileNotFoundException" blabla...

I check my easy install and refresh it in a new folder.

I change the nativeappframework.js and it's the same issue.

The android emulator works fine but i can't test my build.

Anybody have an idea?

Thank' a lot for help.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Everything seems to be working for me till build and emulate. It loads the phone emulator but my app dose not appear. I have loaded the meridian tutorial and his ones works. The difference i noticed was when the screen says building for android it cuts off my one then and there. When I use the meridian app it says "installing app into android emulator". Im using the template that came with DW5.5 so i suppose there is a loose bit of code in there somewhere.

Any suggestions anyone? In the meantime Im gonna pull Meridian apart and see whats so special in it.

Im using Win 7 64x with the android sdk installed on my C root.

Thanks,

Enda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“It loads the phone emulator but my app dose not appear.” me too。how to Solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all the instructions for the test application that adobe supplied and i cant get it to run the emulator below is my log file what is wrong and why wont it run.

<DW>
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
cd C:\Users\ANDROI~1\PLATFO~2
C:\Users\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe devices

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

Launching the Android emulator
<DW>
cd C:\Users\ANDROI~1\tools
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c "C:\Users\android-sdk\tools\emulator.exe -partition-size 1024 -cpu-delay 0 -no-boot-anim -avd DW_AVD"
cd C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\DWPHON~1\android\scripts\droidGap.bat "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\Configuration\NativeAppFramework\DWPhoneGap\android\PhoneGapApp" "Meridien" com.adobe.meridien 1.0 "C:\Users\android-sdk" 8

CaCreated project directory: C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\src\com\adobe\meridien

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\src\com\adobe\meridien\DefaultActivity.java

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\bin

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\libs

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\values

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\values\strings.xml

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\layout

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\layout\main.xml

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\drawable-hdpi

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\drawable-mdpi

Created directory C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\res\drawable-ldpi

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\AndroidManifest.xml

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\build.xml

Added file C:\Users\Craig\KC Media Clients\Apps\com.adobe.meridien_Android\com.adobe.meridien\proguard.cfg

CLONE SUCCESSFUL

<DW>
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\APACHE~1\bin\ant.bat debug

[setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 12

[setup] Project Target: Google APIs

[setup] Vendor: Google Inc.

[setup] Platform Version: 2.2

[setup] API level: 8

[setup]

[setup] ------------------

[setup] Resolving library dependencies:

[setup] No library dependencies.

[setup]

[setup] ------------------

[setup]

[setup] WARNING: Attribute minSdkVersion in AndroidManifest.xml (2) is lower than the project target API level (8)

[setup]

[setup] Importing rules file: tools\ant\main_rules.xml

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-set-debug-mode:

-compile-tested-if-test:

-pre-build:

-dirs:

[echo] Creating output directories if needed...

[mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\gen

[mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\bin\classes

-aidl:

[echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...

-renderscript:

[echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...

-resource-src:

[echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...

-pre-compile:

compile:

[javac] C:\Users\android-sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:384: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\bin\classes

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:

[echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\bin\classes.dex...

-package-resources:

[echo] Packaging resources

[aapt] Creating full resource package...

[aapt.exe]     (skipping index file 'C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\assets\www\img\Thumbs.db')

[aapt.exe] libpng error: Not a PNG file

[aapt.exe] ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\res\drawable-hdpi\splash.png

[aapt.exe] ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\res\drawable-ldpi\splash.png

[aapt.exe] ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\res\drawable-mdpi\splash.png

BUILD FAILED

C:\Users\android-sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:510: null returned: 1

Total time: 12 seconds

OPERATION CANCELED
<DW>
C:\Users\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe kill-server

<DW>
C:\Users\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe devices

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

Launching the Android emulator
<DW>
cd C:\Users\ANDROI~1\tools
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c "C:\Users\android-sdk\tools\emulator.exe -partition-size 1024 -cpu-delay 0 -no-boot-anim -avd DW_AVD"

<DW>
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /u /c C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBED~2.5\CONFIG~1\NATIVE~1\APACHE~1\bin\ant.bat debug

[setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 12

BUILD FAILED

C:\Users\Craig\KCMEDI~1\Apps\COMADO~1.MER\build.xml:77: Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:8'

Total time: 0 seconds

OPERATION CANCELED
<DW>
C:\Users\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe kill-server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I have been having the same problems too and still cant get anywhere with it. almost a t the point of throwing out the baby with the water ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

First of all: Great idea to integrate PhoneGap directly in DW.

However, I have the same problems as the guys in the two posts before mine.

The end of the log-file looks like this:

<DW>
cd C:\ANDROI~2\PLATFO~2
C:\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe kill-server

The build and all the stuff before is ok! So partially good news. The only thing which does not work seems to be launching the emulator.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines