Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with complete task via email

Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with complete task via email. I found this blog very useful (http://blogs.adobe.com/ADEP/2010/11/how-to-complete-a-task-via-email-using-reply-to-complete.html), but...

I set up everything as it’s written in blog mentioned above. When a task is assigned to me, I received an email notification with actions (accept, deny). After that I replied with action “accept”. Then I received email with subject “Errors from LiveCycle ES”:

LiveCycle ES has tried to process your request and encountered the following error:

com.adobe.pof.POFRuntimeException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple ; – nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple )

This response to your original email

Subject:RE:Task Assignment – Process: Test/Email_Test. Task 76 has been assigned to you.
Date Sent:Thursday, October 24, 2011 1:17 PM
Body:accept

DO-NOT-DELETE: MTMhMzE0ITMyOA==!
Attachments:

In log appeared this following error:
Caused by: ALC-DSC-215-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: None of the Auth Provider could authenticate the user. Authentication Failed
at com.adobe.livecycle.notification.TaskNotificationServiceImpl.processEmailComplete(TaskNotificationServiceImpl.java:1157)

Can you me please? I have no idea what to do to succesfully complete task via email endpoint. Thanks

Jan Petrla

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Jan

You seem to have 2 different error messages.

The one returned via email indicates that the task is no longer available to be completed.

If you do a Task Search in the adminui, does it show that Task 76 has a status of Assigned?

The log error indicates that whatever user is sending back the email is not authorized to complete the task.

Are you sure that the error message in the log is a result of the email send to the server?

If it is, are you sending back the email as the same user that received it?

I am assuming that the user/email address you configred for your email endpoint on the Complete Task is not the same as the user who is receiving the email?

They must be different.

Diana

Level 1

Hi Diana, thanks for your reply.

You're probably right about 2 different error messages.

To the 1st one: I'm sure that status task is Assigned (to me). I received an email and I also reply on that email.

To error log: I found out that error log appears when I enable email endpoint on Complete Task service. But I managed to solve this problem. I set wrong user. Now I have here the same user as is written in login-config.xml so log seems to be ok.

So I created new task and tried to complete it via email. Now I receive email with another error:

LiveCycle ES has tried to process your request and encountered the following error:

com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailProviderException: Error getting user context

This response to your original email

Subject:RE:Task Assignment - Process: WorkFlowClient/Test. Task 92 has been assigned to you.

Date Sent:Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:05 PM

Body:Complete

DO-NOT-DELETE: MTIxMSExNjAzITIwMTE=!

Attachments:

And to the last point: email endpoint is set up with TestPOP3@mydomain and user receiving email has jpetrla@mydomain. I use Lotus Notes as email client, I tried another account with gmail, but the result was same.

Now I really don't know to do...

Jan

Former Community Member

Hi Jan

I have never seen this error myself but it might be that LiveCycle doesn't know who the user is that is sending back the email.

It expects that the owner of Task 92 is the user with the email address jpetrla@mydomain but it cannot seem to correlate that information.

Is your user a local user or an LDAP user?

Since I haven't seen this issue, my guess is that there is some kind of configuration issue with the POP3 settings on the email endpoint.

We know that SMTP appears to work fine since you actually received the Task Assignment email.

Is there anything else in the log when you get the failure email back?

Diana

Level 1

Hi Diana,

my user is an LDAP user. But also tried this with a local user - with same result. Next I tried to set up POP3 settings on gmail account - again with same result.

There is nothing new in log. Last information is that task has been created.

Jan

Former Community Member

Hi Jan

I asked around for some input into your issue.

I have been told that the user context error is returned if the "User Name" and "Domain Name" fields on the endpoint are incorrect.

What values do you have in those fields? Are they the default values...SuperAdmin and DefaultDom? Or have you changed them?

Diana

Level 1

Hi Diana,

at first I set up email endpoint with default values. But after enabling that appers this in log periodically:

Caused by: ALC-DSC-215-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: None of the Auth Provider could authenticate the user. Authentication Failed

at com.adobe.livecycle.notification.TaskNotificationServiceImpl.processE mailComplete(TaskNotificationServiceImpl.java:1157)

Errors disappear as I set up the same user as is written in login-config.xml. I also changed Domain Name (corresponding with the user). But result was the same.

Honza