• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 - Cannot find Microsoft Word Installed on your system

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just installed five seats of the TCS 3 upgrade on Laptops with Office 2010 previously installed, three of them are encountering errors when generating Printed Documentation.  RH9 throws up a error dialog - "Cannot find Microsoft Word Installed on your system"

What is the fix to have RH9 recognize Office 2010?

Thanks,

W.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found a good workaround for this.

Instead of left clicking the "Printed Documentation" link in the SSL pod, we found that right-clicking  on the "Printed Documentation" link, selecting "Properties", then clicking "Save and Generate" worked fine!  Even if we save the config, we have to go back into the properties to have RH9 recognize Word 2010 on our systems.

Go figure, but it works.  Hope this works for some of you too!

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this is it but are you trying to generate a DOCX or DOC file?

If DOCX try DOC and then please post back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion, but as you predicted, no difference.  I see this on all five install we did.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first post said three, now it's five. Do you have two systems that work?

I notice you purchased upgrades. Did you uninstall the previous version first? I have seen problems caused by having two versions when the later one is an upgrade licence.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the other two were using the right-click/Properties approach. When tried, the left click on "Printed Documentation" method did not find Word 2010.

Yes these were upgrades, installed after uninstalling TCS2.  Adobe claims two versions can coexist on one drive, but I also agree that is not the case.

It would appear to be a bona fide bug, but I can't believe Adobe would let something like this slip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two version installed but I think that is provided both are full versions.

Is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Office 2010 that you have got installed? You haven't said what the OS is but I am wondering if you have Windows 7 64 bit plus Office 2010 64 bit.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still on XP SP3 - the 32 bit version, as well as the 32-bit Office 2010 apps, using Dell 630's. All TCS and MS s/w have been updated and registry cleaned

The TCS 3 installer recognized that and did not iinstall the 64 bit payloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can find out anything more.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news so far I'm sorry to say.

Do you still have the problem and have you applied the 901 service release?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for checking into this, it's got us baffled too. We've upgraded to 9.0.1 and our problems with conditional text seem solved, but not the SSL printing issue. We entered a bug about it, but all Adobe has asked is if MS Word was open when we try to generate Printed Docs (Y) , and if both methods (right vs left clicking) worked (N). No solutions yet...

Do you see this happening to others as well? I'll let you know if we hear more from Adobe.

Thanks again,

Will

Will Kugelman

Documentation Manager

AP Technology

(609) 860-7117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp 9, and I can compile (Printed Documentation) .doc file, but when I try to compile a .docx file, Robohelp returns a message that it cannot find Microsoft Word installed. Right-clicking doesn't do anything. Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks

Tim Schuman | Principal Technical Writer | 415-645-1367

ADVENT SOFTWARE | 600 Townsend St. |  San Francisco, CA 94103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Office do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this thread, it appears to be a bug - report it at - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

The workaround for now appears to be just create .doc instead of .docx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our problem printing with Word 2010 was solved when Peter Grainge  recommended a replacement file from Adobe.

Swapping out the MPJ2DOC.dll file with the Adobe version restored normal Office 2010 functionality with RH9. Check the Adobe site for this file.

Hope that helps!

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and the latest version of Robohelp 9.0.1 (as part of Tech Comm Suite 3.5). The MPJ2DOC.dll that Peter sent causes RoboHelp to crash on startup. I reported this issue with Office 2010 as a bug to Adobe. I actually got an email asking me for more information, and nothing since. I can only surmise that Robohelp 9.0.1 does not fully support Office 2010 at this time? For the time being, I can only produce .doc files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that I missed responding to this, I was on holiday at the time.

The file that I sent has not caused a crash for anyone else so I think there is something else going on here.

TIM Did we resolve this in the end?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Adobe sent me a similar file that fixed the problem.

Thank you for all your help.

Tim Schuman | Principal Technical Writer | 415-645-1367

ADVENT SOFTWARE<http://www.advent.com/> | 600 Townsend St. | San Francisco, CA 94103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines