Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!! Please! CF 8.0.1 Multi-Server/Solaris 10/WebServer 7

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I'm having a bit of a bizarre problem, and I cannot locate the root cause.

My environment is:  Sun E5220 running LDOMS V1.3 software.  I have a 4 processor node configured with Sun Solairs 10u5, Java SDK 1.6.0_25-b06 SE Runtime Environment.  JRun4 Updater 7, Coldfusion 8.0.1 and Sun Java WebServer 7 Update 5.  All of this is running in 64-bit mode.

JRun4 is apparently running correctly - or at least I see no issues there.

WebServer 7 is running correctly, and I find no errors.

ColdFusion is up and running and I can log into the system with no problems using the Coldfusion Admin Pages.

All of that works.

I created a new site with a new web server config and instance called "rand"  (as in Research and Development).  The site comes up well enough.  I went into Coldfusion admin on the MASTER site and created a new instance there called rand.  I then did a WSCONFIG and added in the NSAPI in 64-bit mode (the -ws64 switch) and redeployed the configuration.  The rand website has a default document directory of /web/rand  and the CFIDE files are loaded into that directory.  I took a piece of test code and loaded it via:   http://rand.mydomain.com/howard/test1.cfm  and it did indeed display on the screen - HOWEVER - it did NOT get processed by Coldfusion.  Here is my source code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<cfset testparm = "this is a simple test">

<cfoutput>

<center>
Here is some CFM output <br />
It reads as follows:<br />
#testparm#
</center>
</cfoutput>

<body>
</body>
</html>

.....and here is my output:

Here is some CFM output
It reads as follows:
#testparm#

Note that this is NOT processed by Coldfusion.

If, however, I take this same code and place it in:

/opt/jrun4/servers/rand/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/test1.cfm  and then access it using:  http://rand.mydomain.com:8301/test1.cfm it will work perfectly and my output appears as: 

Here is some CFM output
It reads as follows:
this is a simple test

I've looked around everyplace that I know to look, and I cannot find this issue or a solution.  Does anyone have any ideas?  All help is appreciated.

and as always, thanks in advance!!

Thank you,

Howard

Message was edited by: whgill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Howard, Coupla things to try and trace the problem:

As I understand it you have a new JWS instance and a new CF instance [default instances for both are running OK] - new CFIDE is in the rand JSW instance

Connecting to JWS is easiest via the external web connector (wsconfig) in [JRUN-HOME}/bin - don'tuse the cf-connectors.sh or the applet

Your JWS instance isn't picking up the NSAPI connection so first delete the new wsconfig instance and check:

1. {JRUN_HOME}/servers/rand/server-inf/jrun.xml (around line 440 is a switch for JRun web server <keep-alive>set to false

2. {JRUN_HOME}/servers/rand/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/WEB_INF/cfusion/lib/ - use Find to locate the /CFIDE mapping and change to your jws rand instance path

3.  Check {JRUN-HOME}/lib/wsconfig - should only be a single folder '1/' containing jrunserver.store file

4. Look in {JRUN_HOME}/servers/rand/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/WEB_INF/cfusion/logs/exception.log for errors

5. Look in JRUN_HOME}/logs/rand-event.log

6. Restart CF rand instance

7. change dir to {JRUN-HOME}/bin - run the fol :  wsconfig -server rand -ws iplanet -dir /opt/webserver7/web/rand/config -coldfusion -v -ws64

Use the command line to run wsconfig {not applet}

8. Once successfuly run, check - {JRUN-HOME}/lib/wsconfig/rand/ - you should have jrunserver.store and libjrun_nsapi.so (if no jrunserver.store} - cp from JRUN-HOME}/lib/wsconfig/1/

9, Stop JWS

10. Now you need to edit the JWS instance start script in {JWS-HOME}/web/rand/bin/startserv - and change the corrsponding line with this one:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64="${SERVER_LIB_PATH_64}:${SERVER_JVM_LIBPATH}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64}:/usr/lib/sparcv9:/usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

11. Start JWS instance

12. Check that the CFIDE is working in that instance

13. Check your test file in that instance

14.  Grab a copy of your obj.conf andf magnus.conf files

If the web connector doesn't work first time - don't be afraid to use remove command and try again - it can be a bit touchy sometimes

Gimme a shout if this persists,

Best,

Padz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the response!

In step #2, which says:

2. {JRUN_HOME}/servers/rand/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/WEB_INF/cfusion/lib/ - use Find to locate the /CFIDE mapping and change to your jws rand instance path

I have found CFIDE defined in neo-runtime.xml and it points off into it's own kingdom as:

/CFIDE  /opt/jrun4/servers/rand.gvltec.edu/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/CFIDE 

i have attempted to edit neo-runtime.xml and change this to point to /web/rand/CFIDE, but it is simply overwritten each time i start the rand server - and thus it reverts to the above.

How do I change this? and is this the actual source of the problem?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

#step 2 configures your CF instance correctly with the appropriate mapping

The real problem is the JWS instance not picking up the NSAPI proxy.  Check your mappings in the JWS config files in the rand instance.

You're the second guy I've seen recently with a problem updating the neoruntime.xml file.  Weird - however check the path in the neoruntime and if it's pointing back to the rand cfusion.war - put it back there and use a virtual mapping in the JWS rand admin panel (anyway it's safer to leave it back in the Jrun instance) - means you'll have to open & close the firewall to use the CFIDE on a use by use on the default 8301 port but the security guys like that more than leaving the extra port open  ; )  (Tip - I always copy the CFIDE scripts folder to my instance webroot and map via the CFIDE / Server Settings / Settings / Default ScriptSrc Directory)

To help further - please confirm where the rand JWS instance is mapped?  ..to a virtual directory {/web/rand} or a default instance folder under the webserver7 root?

Best

Padz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation