Skip navigation
Fil UK
Currently Being Moderated

iOS5 & Falsh Builder 4.5. Problem syncing Debug IPA

Sep 9, 2011 8:03 AM

Hiya Guys,

New iPhone developer here. I'm currently developing my first App in Flash Builder 4.5, I've created a Certificate and Provisioning Profile for my Phone and the Application ID. I've generated the IPA file from Flash Builder and added it to my iTunes Library. When I try to sync the application, it copies the file, but then I get a message box on the iPhone saying:

"iTunes Sync. 'x.ipa' failed to install"

I'm running the latest iOS5 Beta, and the latest iTunes Beta. Any idea's where i'm going wrong? Or is there any way to get a more detailed error message from iPhone / iTunes ?

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 3, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to Fil UK

Hi, I am having the same issue while installing my app. did you find any solution for this issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2011 6:50 AM   in reply to Fil UK

Thanks for replay.

Already installed provision file in to IPhone and using same provisioning file for devlopment. Using same build for IPAD and Iphone. It works for IPAD but showing error on IPhone. :-(

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2012 6:55 PM   in reply to Fil UK

Hi,

I am doing this using Windows FB4.5, iTunes 10.5.3.3 and iOS 5.0.1 (iPhone 4s) and have followed the instructions as per http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

Wrt the post saying that it works if you copy the cert and provisioning files onto the iPhone there is no mention of this in the windows instructions. I did try to do this using windows explorer and got an error message however. Does anybody have any more information about this problem as I am unable to even get a Hello World installed on the iPhone.

Thanks,

Greg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points