• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove background of a PDF file exported from Powerpoint

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a copy of a PDF file exported from Powerpoint. I do not have the powerpoint file.

How do i remove the background of the powerpoint slides?

I just want to print the text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

For user using acrobat pro x, to remove background of your powerpoint slides in a PDF file,

Go to Tools > Content > Edit Text & Object > Edit Object.

Select the background image you wish to delete, right click on it to delete it.

You may need to repeat this a few times per slide because the background may contain more than one object/image.

Took me 15 mins to find this tool! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not work for your file, but try: Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > Document Colors Options > Replace Document Colors

and select a custom background color, and maybe text color as well. You can also select a High-contrast color option, such as black text on a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it might work since it worked in the print preview, but it didn't in the actual printout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience you have to go through the PPT page by page. Use the select object tool (or maybe it is the touchup object tool) and select the background on each page (assuming it got sent as a separate element). Then just delete it. Depending on the background, this might work. A simple graphic background will probably delete fine. Anyway, this gives you something to try. (be sure to work on a copy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select the background image but i can't remove it. I've also tried the replacee document colors but it still show when i do a print preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@George: RDC is not intended to be used in this way, and it depends on the content of the PDF as to what happens on printouts when RDC is active.

@cactus8599: If you've exported your PDF from Powerpoint using the Acrobat plugin and the default settings (rather than printing it) then you should have a "Background" layer in the PDF which will contain all the slide design elements (the background, etc.) - you can simply turn that off, and print the file. It's there for that precise reason, but very few people bother to look at the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as mentioned, i do not have the powerpoint file. is there a way to remove the slides background? if yes, pls provide the step-by-step instruction. thks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, go to the Tools>Advanced Editing and select the Touchup Object tool (as in AA8 Pro). Then simply select the various background parts and delete. With WORD 2007 and AA8 this is a pain since the graphics are split into multiple graphics somewhere along the line, but it still works. In other versions you should be able to select a background graphic as a single items. If the background is created with text and/or vector graphics, then you will likely have to select all of these items to get rid of the background. It may be adequate to just get rid of any picture or background color, and that is a lot easier. This is work, but it should do the job.

If you created the PDF from an original PPT, then the layers works really neat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For user using acrobat pro x, to remove background of your powerpoint slides in a PDF file,

Go to Tools > Content > Edit Text & Object > Edit Object.

Select the background image you wish to delete, right click on it to delete it.

You may need to repeat this a few times per slide because the background may contain more than one object/image.

Took me 15 mins to find this tool! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just me natterng here but do give the method Dave Merchant mentioned a go.

The PowerPoint template used has two slides with a dark background (first and last slide).

The PDF from use of PDFMaker is shown below - Layers panel is open.

BGLon.png

Click the "eye" to hide the layer that is the background.

BGLoff.png

The background color for first and last slides no longer show.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CtDave,

I have tried Dave's method but there is nothing in the layers 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then your only choice is to use the Object touchup tool (new name in AA X I think) to select the background objects and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am agree with George

This may not work for your file, but try: Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > Document Colors Options > Replace Document Colors

and select a custom background color, and maybe text color as well. You can also select a High-contrast color option, such as black text on a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines