Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

clicking on process just opens a process designer blank window

Former Community Member

hi,

i am using a trial version of livecycle workbanch version:

Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2
Version: 9.0.0.0.20091021.2.223388

yesterday i sucessfully imported some sample application and could open and edit a process.

today when i click on the same process nothing happens just a gray blank process designer window opens.

no errors, no logs.

any ideas?

17 Replies

Former Community Member

reinstaling workbench and designer did not help.

but installing the workbench on a second pc prooved that there something wrong with my local installation / it works well with the second pc.

i am using window 7 could this be a problem??

Level 8

Windows 7 is not listed as a supported platform, so yes that might be the problem.

See section 1.2.2 in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/install_dev_enviro.pdf

scott

Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I've been using Workbench ES2 and ES2 SP1 successfully on Windows 7/64bit for months, and now whenever I try to open a process, I get a blank screen. We have Workbench ES2 SP1 still successfully running on other Windows 7 machines.

I have reinstalled Workbench ES2 numerous times - both with and without SP1 - to no avail. Cleaning and reinstalling Windows on this machine is not currently an option. After uninstalling Workbench, I make sure to delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2 directory, as well as the directory under Users/AppData/Remote.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member

uninstalling microsoft office groove should help with this one. but my collegue who works with the workbench says that there are still issues with opening the variables tab on bottom. he did install xp finaly....

Level 1

Turns it out was due to the fact I had 'localhost' pointing to a different machine in my hosts file.

Level 1

if your local regional setting (from control Panel) is different from English this problem has occured.

Former Community Member

i have the same problem. After installation, it works and the process designer become blank window after removed users admin right. I tried reassign admin right to the user the process designer works again. Try to assign admin right to the user should resolve the problem.

But I have a question, is it possible for a user to use process designer without assigning admin right to him?  Normal user do not have admin right on company's computer, but they will need to use process designer. Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

Former Community Member

I've seen this issue when multiple persons are working on the same application. Synchronizing the local application (right-click) helped me. Alternatively, delete the local copy and get it from the server again.

Level 1

I solved this problem by right-clicking the LiveCycle Workspce shortcut and clicking "Run as Administrator...".

Former Community Member

how about if the user is not administrator of the computer and he doesn't have the admin password? how can a normal user run the process designer?

Level 2

We are seeing the same problem now also.

We dont have Microsoft Office installed so Groove would not be the problem.

I have tried running as adminstrator and it is doing the same thing.

I have tried on a windows server 2003 as well as a windows 7 box so that wouldn't be the issue there either.

All my Languages are set to english also.

Did anyone ever find out a resolution to this problem?

Level 10

Adjust your JVM heap size and try again. This has happened few times when

the system's available memory is low.

Nith

Level 2

I tried doing that and my heap size is set at 2048 which should be plenty sufficent enough.

Contacted Adobe support and they agree this is a bug and opened up a bug ticket.

Level 1

Hi Bruce,

Can you please let us know if there were any updates from Adobe on the mentioned issue or can you please share the bug ticket number. Our Adobe LiveCycle developers are facing the exact similar issue and would appreciate any kind of help in this regard.

Thanks, Swarup.

Level 2

The only way we ended up correctly this is to switch to ADEP.

Level 1

Thanks a lot. I will contact our Adobe support to see if they have any fix for this or else will have to consider moving to ADEP.

Level 1

Hi,

I had actually the same problem yesterday after installing the workbench on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

First of all, I managed to give write permission to all users on C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2.

Then I checked the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file, it appears to be (??? !) :

127.0.0.1 www.microsoft.com   localhost

I changed it for :

127.0.0.1 localhost

and now it's alright, the process designer shows the process...

Hope this will help...