• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat X fails to delete a page the first time

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Adobe Acrobat X I open the page view and go to to delete a page in a multiple page document. The delete request does not work the first time. This happens everytime I first open a document. To delete the page I have to go repeat the proceduere again while the file is still open and then delete the page again... and it works everytime. Any suggestions from anyone? Just trying to save time. Fred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you deleting the page? What OS and version of Acrobat X? I delete pages all of the time with no problems, but I do realize that is not a helpful response, but it indicates an issue with between your system and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I use the delete command CTRL+SHIFT+D. But even from the toolbox, its the same.

Even if you close the file after trying to delete the page, it shows that it has done nothing, because there is no prompt to save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been fixed in the 10.1 update. Please update your Acrobat using Help->Check for updates and let us know if it works fine now.

To know the verison you are using currently: Help>About Adobe Acrobat. Look for the version number at the bottom of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the 10.1 update. It has always had this problem and still does.

And now, with the update, it has the problem of not opening up multiple pages (that I was posting somewhere else).

System specs:

- WinXP-Sp3

- 2.5Ghz DualCore

- Workstation with Small Business Server on Gigabyte network

- AVG11 business ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is still happening in 10.1

- win7 pro 64-bit, sp1

- oodles of everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very common problem. In case it persist you may try some other PDF software's like Nitro or Classic PDF. I am have used classic PDF, its work fine with me. It allows you to delete/insert any one or range of pages from PDF files. If you have any problem regarding this issue fee free to ask. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem of not being able to delete the first page. I use <CTRL+SHIFT+D> almost always.

After printing my manuals with cover sheets, my typing is almost automatic now: <CTRL+SHIFT+D><ENTER><ENTER><CTRL+SHIFT+D><ENTER><ENTER>.

The second page deletes without a problem.

Now explain to me why in the heck would I think about using Nitro or other software after I have paid a good sum of money (for a service that doesn't work)?

Hell, that almost sounds like buying something from my company!  (i hope my boss doesn't read this!)

I have the latest updates (for XP and v10.1.1).

At least the slow file opening is fixed now....

I can live with that and a great big "F$£& you adobe" after every <CTRL+SHIFT+D><ENTER><ENTER><CTRL+SHIFT+D><ENTER><ENTER> I make...

now get back to work all y'all !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, great. Based on this discussion I did the upgrade to 10.1.1. Now it gives me a dialog, "One or more pages could not be deleted." and it fails EVERY time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marcos.minshew:

i get this error sometimes too. it's mainly when I have just printed the PDF file.

it made me close all the open PDFs and then wait a minute to clear out of memory (I assume) before I could re-open and then modify it again.

Maybe it just requires waiting a few minutes....Like we all have the time to wait for this POS to work correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the update 10.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

IT WAS A LONG TIME, BUT THE SOLUTION IS AVAILABLE... THE NEW UPDATE 10.1.2 IS THERE !!!!

This update solves all the problems in our company.

So install the newest Update (10.1.2) and the deleting pages problem is solved,

Thx & best regards

deploy77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines