Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Noel Carboni 23,524 posts
Dec 23, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Photographers:  Don't Forget To Set Your Camera Clocks Back

Nov 6, 2011 6:03 AM

With the change this weekend to Standard Time, clocks we sometimes forget to set (for those of us who prefer our "time taken" fields to be accurate) are those in our cameras.

Do any cameras automatically make the change?  Even cheap watches do that nowadays.

Happy shooting!

-Noel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 1:19 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Thanks Noel,

I didn't even think of my camera when I was running around resetting clocks on Sunday.

But if I had thought of it I would have assumed that a DSLR would automatically adjust the time.

Just checked my Nikon and I had to change it to Standard Time. Gotta remember to change the point & shoot Sony I keep in the car.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,929 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Bo LeBeau

I carry two bodies when working events, and try to keep the time coordinated between them so I can upload the files to the same folder, and sort them by time taken in Bridge.  It's a great idea, but for some reason it does not seem to work that well, and I have not been able to work out why.

BTW  About two years ago we extended our Daylight saving period by a couple of weeks at each end, and not being an early riser, I love it.  

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Hmm.  What doesn't work well?  I do this with reasonable success (two bodies, sort in bridge by date created).  The camera clocks' times do drift; I need to manually check and sometimes sync their time settings each day.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points