Skip navigation
NickNack64
Currently Being Moderated

Sync Ads

Jun 13, 2011 4:08 PM

Currently working on a project that requires (or at least it would be very cool to do) sync ads where one or more ad spaces cooperate together to communicate one message. it's usually a rectangle ad box on the right working with a banner ad directly above it. This shares artwork or background color or movement etc and makes for a great animation.

I want to know if there is a special way to do this or if it's as simple as "syncing" the ads to play at a certain time. Say I have a person shooting a basketball, the person is in the rectangle ad box on the right and the hoop is in the flash banner/leaderboard and I want the ball to travel from the rectangle up to the banner. Simply keyframing the objects to do this at the right times in each individual flash ad?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Nick

Replies
  • Peter Celuch
    505 posts
    Nov 17, 2005
    Oct 28, 2011 6:01 PM   in reply to NickNack64

you can use LocalConnection class to do the trick.

|
    Mark as:
  • Peter Celuch
    505 posts
    Nov 17, 2005
    Nov 14, 2011 11:02 AM   in reply to NickNack64

Well, if one of the swfs loaded later because of some network lag, your timing would fail. LocalConnection enables you to call directly methods on the other swf, so you can start whatever animations in both swfs exactly at the same time, regardless of which loaded when.

|
    Mark as:
  • Peter Celuch
    505 posts
    Nov 17, 2005
    Nov 14, 2011 3:48 PM   in reply to NickNack64

No problem, good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...