• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gosh, I dislike everything about Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent me ver 11.102. etc and I installed it over my previous verison.  As soon as I attempted to access ESPN3, the flash player crashed and crashed and crashed repeatedly.  After 20 minutes of futzing with the crashes, I decided to use the Windows 7 Restore only to discover that Windows could not restore because some of the files were damanged etc etc..  After another 20 minutes of futzing with the Windows 7 I managed to get control of my computer again.  I immediately uninstalled the damned Adobe crap but I would like to get able to view ESPN3's current programs which began almost an hour ago.  Only problem is: how do I view them without Flash?  So I would like to get my old 10.159.2 or whatever it was and forget this crap altogether.  But I can not find any mention of downloading old Flash anywhere.  No wonder Steve Jobs said that Adobe was crap.  How do I proceed from here?  p.s.  I am sorry for my attitude, but I am angry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd like to investigate your crashes further, so having the information Carl mentioned would be important.  In addition, I'd like to recommend taking a look at this page that describes some additional steps you can take to fix the crashing and specific information we'll need to follow up.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

If you'd just like to go back to version 10.3, please use the following steps:

1. Download the stand alone uninstaller

2. Close all your browser windows

3. Run the uninstaller

4. Restart your computer

5. Delete the following folder, depending on your operating system type:

• Windows 32bit - c:\Windows\system32\macromed
  • Windows 64bit - c:\windows\syswow64\macromed

6. Download and install Flash Player located here:

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.  I've read through the various forum messages, and determined that this crash is fairly common for ESPN3.  In the past, using Adobe 10, I experienced similarly crashes each time I tried to manipulate ESPN3's "Event Viewer",  without waiting patiently for the introductory streaming video to complete approximately 30 seconds of initial contact.  It was most annoying, but eventually I became less impatient and waited through the initial 30 seconds and did not attempt to do anything other than wait (e.g. click any other arrows, links, etc.)  On the other hand, this Adobe 11 problem begins within the first 15 seconds of connecting with the introductory video:  that is, the audio part plays -- and will continue to play for approximately 1.5 minutes before the total crash -- but the video never begins.

Since my above complaint, I uninstalled Adobe 11 using the Windows 7 "uninstall programs".  Then realized that I needed somekind of Adobe to access the Nasdaq realtime charts so I reluctantly reinstalled 11, as I could not find any reference to 10 anywhere! Yet I have not attempted to access ESPN3.  (Of course, my uninstall and reinstall was on a fly and probably NOT a correct procedure however I will deal with that momentarily.) 

In reading through the various forum messages, there appear to be two relevant issues: one is something called "HW" to  which I am unfamiliar, and would like further clarification (e.g. Hitomi, is HW the same thing as HD and merely a typographical mistake or is it something else altogether.  Anagrams are usually best explained outright rather than implied by their initials, don't you think?).  A second issue is the malware "Google redirect" to which I am also unfamiliar, and would like further explanation.

Carl and Chris, thanks for your replies.  I am sorry I was remiss in stating that I have Windows 7  64-bit and use Internet Explorer 9.0.8112, protected by Kaspersky 2011 antivirus.

It's easy to see that this issue of "crashing" is fairly common for Adobe 11 so what angers me is why was this upgrade released to an unsuspecting, general public without either: a warning of its instability should something go remiss, or with a backup link to a quick recovery such as the above download link to the Adobe 10?  Darn you, Oracle, I missed seeing an anticipated football game.  Shame on you.  This is why I dislike these upgrade downloads altogether; no one anticipates the havoc they often create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reading through the various forum messages, there appear to be two relevant issues: one is something called "HW" to which I am unfamiliar, and would like further clarification (e.g. Hitomi, is HW the same thing as HD and merely a typographical mistake or is it something else altogether.

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

If that does not solve the problem, try this:

Go to the control panel and go to Internet Options.  Click the Advanced tab and check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Carl.  I'll try that.  Since I wrote the above, I entered ESPN3 and managed to view today's live telecast of Michigan vs. Nebraska simultaneously with a replay of Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina from Thursday night....for awhile.  Everything worked smoothly for the first three quarters; but then, only a second ago, everything froze. 

Since I have grown accustomed to these freezes, I waited approximately five minutes before attempting to do anything.  At the end of that wait, I clicked the frozen screen several times and received a Windows dialog box which gave two choices: either quit the program, or wait.  I elected to wait for five minutes.  At the end of that wait, I clicked the screen, received the same box, so I elected to quit this time.  Then, the frozen screen became unfrozen and a Windows statusbar dialog box appeared informing me that "Internet Explorer is checking for a solution to the problem."

I've had this "checking procedure" performed by IE a zillion times with respect to this nonsense and have never received a solution; I've received only a gee we're sorry do you want us to send info to Microsoft...yadayadaya; but I've never received any satisfaction from Microsoft or from ESPN for that matter. 

Nevertheless, I waited through another five minutes while IE did its thing and then received "something from the website caused Internet Explorer to close the program and reenter the tab".  In the past, I have received other messages such as "the website is no longer responding.  Do you want IE to look for a problem."

I'd like to point out that I did not crash this time; I patiently (but reluctantly) waited for Microsoft and IE to "do their thing".

However, whatever these problems are, Windows and Internet Explorer have lots of silly, frilly do-nothing procedures for interrupting the situation; so the problem is probably confined to something like: the loss of the data-stream buffering and then the sudden interference of Windows and IE and of all their silly, useless interruptions and do-nothings while simultaneously a user becomes frustrated and slams his hot shutdown button in disgust. 

Needless to say, I'm frustrated now because I failed to see the final 4th quarter of either game, and I wish that Flash with all of its programmers and Microsoft with its programmers would sit down and work these things out before the BCS comes to a conclusion.

Yeah, I'll try using the software rendering instead of the GPU rendering.  What have I got to loose, other than my peace of mind? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines