Skip navigation
davidcash
Currently Being Moderated

Gosh, I dislike everything about Adobe

Nov 17, 2011 5:42 PM

Adobe sent me ver 11.102. etc and I installed it over my previous verison.  As soon as I attempted to access ESPN3, the flash player crashed and crashed and crashed repeatedly.  After 20 minutes of futzing with the crashes, I decided to use the Windows 7 Restore only to discover that Windows could not restore because some of the files were damanged etc etc..  After another 20 minutes of futzing with the Windows 7 I managed to get control of my computer again.  I immediately uninstalled the damned Adobe crap but I would like to get able to view ESPN3's current programs which began almost an hour ago.  Only problem is: how do I view them without Flash?  So I would like to get my old 10.159.2 or whatever it was and forget this crap altogether.  But I can not find any mention of downloading old Flash anywhere.  No wonder Steve Jobs said that Adobe was crap.  How do I proceed from here?  p.s.  I am sorry for my attitude, but I am angry.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2011 8:39 PM   in reply to davidcash

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
    • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
    • Specify your Flash Player version

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2011 2:33 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

We'd like to investigate your crashes further, so having the information Carl mentioned would be important.  In addition, I'd like to recommend taking a look at this page that describes some additional steps you can take to fix the crashing and specific information we'll need to follow up.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

If you'd just like to go back to version 10.3, please use the following steps:

1. Download the stand alone uninstaller

2. Close all your browser windows

3. Run the uninstaller

4. Restart your computer

5. Delete the following folder, depending on your operating system type:

• Windows 32bit - c:\Windows\system32\macromed
    • Windows 64bit - c:\windows\syswow64\macromed

6. Download and install Flash Player located here:

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 3:35 PM   in reply to davidcash

There were some folks who had problem with ESPN before. I hope this info can help you...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3897490#3897490

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4019363#4019363

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4017463#4017463

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2011 9:45 AM   in reply to davidcash

In reading through the various forum messages, there appear to be two relevant issues: one is something called "HW" to which I am unfamiliar, and would like further clarification (e.g. Hitomi, is HW the same thing as HD and merely a typographical mistake or is it something else altogether.

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

If that does not solve the problem, try this:

Go to the control panel and go to Internet Options.  Click the Advanced tab and check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points