Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PAL DVD Plays in XBOX360 & Blu-Ray Player

Nov 9, 2011 9:13 AM

Tags: #pal

I have a wedding project that involves both NTSC and PAL (Germany).  This is my first experience with PAL.  I exported in both formats (Premiere CS5) and everything seems to work great.  I tried the PAL disc in my XBOX360 and my Insignia Blu-Ray player and it works on both of them?! 

I need to send the drafts to Germany but I wonder if they're really in PAL format.  The display in Encore's Project Settings seem to indicate that I'm indeed burning in PAL (the "Television Standard" button has a grayed out PAL selection). 

I'd hate to waste the time and expense of mailing these to Germany if they aren't going to work.  I'd appreciate any knowledge/experience on this topic.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2011 6:50 AM   in reply to DesignCBTs

Can I ask what makes you think they are not in PAL?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2011 2:30 AM   in reply to DesignCBTs

DesignCBTs wrote:

At least in the past, PAL coded video didn't work in NTSC coded equipment...

Truly.

However, X-Box is different, and most Blu-Ray players seem ignorant of the difference as they all upscale output these days to 1920x1080.

Insignia is also quite a well-known make internally - the electronics are from someone very well known.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points