Skip navigation

Extra sequence presets require certified graphics card?

Nov 3, 2011 5:40 PM

Latest reply: nickmsysca, May 16, 2012 8:00 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2011 6:22 PM   in reply to narrowneck

Since hard drives are cheap these days.

What I like to do is take out the OS drive and put in a fresh one and install on that one.

That way if it solves your problems you know something on the old OS drive was messing with it.

If it doesn't then you can put the old OS drive back in and work from there.

Then just use that new drive as a new backup or something.

Just a thought if your going to go down that road.

Hope you get if figured out.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2011 11:39 AM   in reply to Powered by Design

Well, the drives used to be cheap. The factory loss in S.E. Asia has doubled the costs in the last month! Kicking myself for not buying the 3TB drive I wanted last month.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to narrowneck

Picture 13.pngSo, I am having the same problem. I would say thanks for pointing me to this blog, but there isn't a solution yet I see.  I am immensely frustrated because everything was working, then all of a sudden Monday (I have a Friday deadline for a video) it gave me the "unsupported compression type" message. The "revert to trial bug" shouldn't exist anymore, but I don't have the right codecs to import my .MTS files from my Sony Handy cam. I have done any number of suggestions. Like the uninstalling, using the cleaning tool, and re-installing thing. I have un-installed and re-installed probably five times using different suggestions I have found. The ONLY thing I can think of to do now, is to download adobe premiere pro by itself versus through the Master Suite, which is how I had been downloading it (I have access to both through my company). Maybe the "revert to trial bug" still exists with Master Suite, but not individually? I don't know, but I am out of ideas and out of time. Btw, I have a 13 inch Macbook. Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2011 3:14 PM   in reply to narrowneck

Here's the obersvation in our environment:

When the tech created the new image, the video sequence presets were present.

When the tech pulled down the sysprepped image to the machine, logged in as local admin, the presets were gone.

Changed the IP to bypass the Internet filter, (it's an Ironport and if it's not user-authenticated, it doesn't exit our network, the bypass IP does just what it sounds like).  The presets were back.

Changed the IP back to DHCP.  The presets remain.

Joined the PC to the domain.  Opened Premiere Pro, and received a "do you want to participate in our improvement program?"  No.

However all of the presets are still there. 

So it looks like it’s trying to "phone home" initially.  But...who it's calling, what the # is, and why?  I don't know.

Further troubleshooting required on our part to figure out where the client is trying to go to most likely pull the additional bits for installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 9:36 AM   in reply to narrowneck

narrowneck,

Has your problem been resolved? I've been told by some of our staff that it has been, but I wanted to check in with you and make sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 10:58 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Post here if it is and how it was fixed please.

Glenn

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2011 7:09 PM   in reply to narrowneck

I have just tried to start Prem and It went straight to the activation box. It keeps asking me to connect to internet even though I am. So now I cant even start Prem. I see the quote re New Zealand and as Im in NZ this could still be an issue. Excuse my ignorance but could you explain again what you renamed in your short explanation

(\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore) and created a new Empty one? Where do I find it?

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2011 5:16 AM   in reply to narrowneck

I'm still having trouble importing .mov files.  I get the missing codecs error.  Even thought I'm in the states, I tried changing my clock, renaming then recreating the SLStore file.  Still no luck.  I keep hoping with each reinstall the problem will correct itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2011 2:21 PM   in reply to narrowneck

Hi Chris,

Followed the steps as you suggested. I can open Prem now but still only have the same limited options for sequence presets as before. I tried steps over again and reinstalled prem too. still no luck.

OTT

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2011 8:13 AM   in reply to narrowneck

For people who run into this problem and are using a computer with the time zone set to New Zealand time, here is the workaround that one of my coworkers gave narrowneck, and that seemed to work in his case:

1. Back up the SLStore folder  ( C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore ) and create a new one with Read-Write permissions for all users.
      2. Change the time zone from UTC+12:00 Auckland, Wellington to any other time zone ( say UTC+11:00 )
      3. Start application again and enter serial number again if prompted for serial number or retry activation if “Unable to activate” displayed .

If this doesn't work for you, then please contact Technical Support.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2011 2:11 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. I've WASTED hours researching this issue and have no solution. After being spun around all day by Customer/Tech Support, I was told that there is a solution, but I have to pay a fee to get it. Pretty messed up, considering the software isn't doing what it says it does...which is support .MTS files (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSd79b3ca3b623cac97fa 024001235833a568-8000.html).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2011 3:03 PM   in reply to narrowneck

hi iv been watching the thread for a while, had the same problem, i uninstalled used the adobe cleaner tool reinstalled and i was fine thanks alot.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2011 10:02 PM   in reply to narrowneck

I, too, am dealing with a "No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type". This came from the "Trial" error bug that seems to be plaguing everyone in this thread. I, too, am a subscription customer.

The AVCHD sequence presets (among others) were available, and I created and saved a sequence as one. Now I am unable to open said file, and the AVCHD (and other) presets are missing. Again.

I've deactivated. I've uninstalled. I've run the cleaner tool. I've re-installed. I've used it with success...now 24 hours later the error is back, the preset is gone, and I absolutely refuse to continuously uninstall and re-install the program for an hour each time in order to have a usable program for 20 hours.

This is inexcusible.

Adobe Customer Care - PLEASE email me and address this. I should not have to pay for Customer Service when your program has an obvious bug. I have a project that needs to be edited by the first of the year, and unfortunately at this pace, I might not be able to complete it before the Mayans' predicted demise of earth.

Please assist. I beg of you. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2012 12:01 AM   in reply to narrowneck

i have exactly the same prob on my PC

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to narrowneck

Narrowneck,

i think the grafic card is not the problem!

In my case before i hade only chipset and had all the presets

now i have bought a nvidia grafic card pretty good and do not have the presets!

So the question is how come before i did not have any problems without any card but chipset only

i am pretty sure this is a bug in adobe prem  and i red on some other post from a guy who has deleted some files from premiere in the win direcotories somewhere and afterwards he solved the issue.

If i find that post i will repost it here

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 2:37 AM   in reply to narrowneck

I thought I had this problem fixed, but apparently no. So can anyone tell me where C:\ProgamData\Adobe\SLStore would be on a mac?

I usually work in the windows domain, but am on a mac currently...

Thanks in advance.

TR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to tobyricketts

Hi Todd,

I saw this post, but I'm not in New Zealand (Canada), but perhaps it's just a time change thing that is applicable here. More importantly, I'm on a Mac as well and not sure how to do this on a mac. Any pointers?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to my.planet.earth

Here's a thread in which this issue is discussed some more, and a different fix is mentioned:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4068418#4068418

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 9:04 PM   in reply to my.planet.earth

Got it working. I cloned the entire drive before I did this. I then uninstalled, ran the cleanup utility, then did a find of the word "Adobe". I then trashed everything with "adobe" in the file name (unless it was something I created). But in essence, all cache files, all prefs, etc that the cleanup utility missed. Reinstalled and the R3D presets are finally there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to narrowneck

Slightly different but similar scenario with Premiere Pro issue solved by changing time zone in NZ based on findings in this thread can be found here for those interested: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/967944

Weird, weird, weird.  Adobe, fix your time zone handling on the registration servers, this shouldn't happen.  I lost a day's work on this this week.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I've been working on a project for a few weeks with no problems. I've just opened it to find that several of the clips are "Media Offline".  When I try to re-import them from the folder I get a message telling me that "The file has an unsupported compression type".  All the files in the project are AVCHD and shot on the same camera, I have no idea why there is suddenly a problem with some of them while others are fine.  The only thing I can think of which might have triggered this is that I upgraded my processor to an Intel i7.  Can someone help?  I have a deadline of Friday for this project.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to Pictoprod

My sincerest "guess" is that you have to uninstall the entire suite, then use the cleanup app, and then search for anything with the word adobe (that you feel might be linked to the program) and trash. Then reinstall. The process isn't as bad as it seems, having done it numerous times until it finally worked. The real pain is remembering and reinstalling any plugins or presets you might have (I back them up on another harddrive so I can either drag them over or use them as referance for reinstall). Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to my.planet.earth

Thanks - I was hoping that there might be something less drastic but it l suppose there probably isn't.  I have no idea why this has happened - it's extremely annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to my.planet.earth

Just tried something else which worked.  I couldn't understand why some of the clips were fine while others weren't, so I re-named the ones which Premiere was refusing to import and it imported them fine - then I applied Replace Clip with the newly re-named files replacing the ones which were showing as Media Offline, and which it was refusing to import.  Seems to have worked.  Why it happened is still a complete mystery though.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to Pictoprod

After I struggled with this problem back in November, I bought and learned FinalCut Pro. Best decision I've made in a long time.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points