Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

If you could change or add to Fireworks in any way you wanted...

Nov 16, 2011 4:09 PM

What would you choices be?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2011 10:33 PM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

I'd rather see better drawing tools. The path and node editing tools are so very rudimenary.

I've never seen a program that was capable of anything but the most absolutly basic WYSIWYG production, and even then, the code has seemed very bloated compared to what's possible doing it yourself. In addition, bloated, messy code tends to be fragile; easy to break. I woudn't use that feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2011 8:19 PM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

I'd like the basics to start working again. They have ruined Fireworks in the latest release. Even simple linked rollover buttons no longer work.

As for WYSIWYG, Adobe Muse looks to be the answer.

|
    Mark as:
  • smartwebby
    51 posts
    Oct 25, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2011 10:38 AM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

I would love to see three features: (1) Brushes as it works in Photoshop (2) Advanced Filters as in Photoshop (3) Better Photo Quality as in Photoshop.

Since all three are standout features of Photoshop I really doubt if Adobe will bend its back to include them in Fireworks but it would be great if they did ;-) Most pros would probably have the full creative suite so they could consider this to save heavy FW users the roundtrips.

- Anita

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2011 11:46 AM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

I am a new Fireworks user , and I realy miss the possibility to define css styles or some kind of paragraph styles, that could be convertet into css styles.

The stroke tool, and its behavior is a big problem. I see it is better to use objects instead of strokes?

I fInd it very annoying that I cannot distribuate several masked images, because either I select the uncropped picture or the frame, and as for the latter, I cannot select more masks (including picture as well as masks).

Nina Storm

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 3:23 AM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

Linda, the stroke tool seems unpossible to use hard end caps, resulting in adding a pixel in both ends.

Result is that I have to make the path 2 pixels shorter if it has to align exactly to a box.

Can I change this behaviour - has it something to do whit "Edge" in the Properties Panel?

As for the masked groups I cannot select 2 for aligning, am I wrong?

Another wish for feature in FireWorks is the possibility to do calculations in the Property X and Y, Height and Width fields.

:-) Nina Storm

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 1:05 PM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

Hi Linda, yes I managed to get them hard, by edit stroke - square, but still not to the full lenght, unless I expand the stroke to a box, se picture:

FireworksEndCap.jpg

Yes, I see than I can align masked pictures by selecting the entire group. However I wanted to build a grid using the Align tool distribute space, and that will not work.

That's why i tried using the x & y fields as calculators :-)

People obviously find other ways around.

Thank you Linda

The possibility to define css styles should be a great help, don't you think so?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points