Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe X OCR Crashes in Lion

Nov 14, 2011 12:03 PM

Tags: #acrobat #crash #ocr #acrobat_pro

Hello,

I read a similar question about Adobe Acrobat X OCR crashing after 200 pages or so but in my instance it crashes after only three or four pages.  

iMac 2010 with 16GB RAM

Running OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)

Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1

I normally will scan documents into my computer using a Fujitsu scan snap.  It worked fine in Snow Leopard.  I can still scan documents to my iMac in pdf format using Lion but once I apply OCR to the document using Tools, the program crashes if the document is more than three pages long.  I have plenty of RAM (16 GB) and the only difference I can discern is the upgrade to Lion.  

Once the program crashes, it is as if Adobe never processed it.  If I go to open recent files, the program that crashed is not found.  Fortunately, a copy is in my scan holding folder but I have to manually go to it and open it.   This crash occurs every time.  

Does anyone have a similar experience or have found a way to fix this problem. 

Thanks in advance for your advice. 

Jay

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2011 1:30 AM   in reply to jayKapp

Can you please share any test file where you can reproduce the crash?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2011 8:20 AM   in reply to apangasa

Look for Crash reports for Acrobat choose any sections related to times of Crash.

In fact actaully set out to deliberately crash acrobat using OCR. Then when Crash window appears select everything in the window and do command(⌘)-C then Come to this Thread and do command(⌘)-V to paste in thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2011 8:54 PM   in reply to jayKapp

Thanks for sharing this carsh log. This would be helpful while debugging this issue.

Could you please share the file also wherein you saw this crash. Please mail the file to apangasa@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2011 3:12 PM   in reply to jayKapp

I am also seeing reproducible crashes in Acrobet 9.4.6 in OS 10.7.2 when trying to use a ClearScan OCR format.

The searchable image OCR format does work without crashing, so that's a workaround until this gets patched.

Do you want to see my crash report?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points