Skip navigation
PeterAlanAdobe
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 8 writes tags to .jpg files, but not if the file extension is JPG

Nov 11, 2011 10:45 AM

Tags: #tags #jpg

I need to write my tags to all my photos.  This has been going OK until I reached photos with JPG rather than jpg - even though they are all JPEG files it resues.  I have many such photos I wonder if there is a work around or if this is fixed in a later release. Please can you help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2011 10:24 AM   in reply to PeterAlanAdobe

Hello Peter,

I have tested what you report but I'm not able to reproduce. Photoshop Elements 8 was able to write the Keyword tags to files with both the JPG and jpg file extensions. I simply took a file with a jpg, copied it, and renamed the second copy so that it had the JPG extension. Then I imported these into Organizer, added a couple keyword tags, wrote the tags to the files and check the keywords in Bridge. Everything was fine. Perhaps there is something more going on here. Why do some of these files have an all capital extension? Where did these files come from? My guess as that these are from a scanner and what may be happening is that we are having a conflict with existing metadata on these files (scanners often add extra metadata and sometimes this has been known to interfere).

Could you post one of the files that you cannot add the keywords so we can test on our side?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points