• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 - Viewing WebHelp in IE9 creates two vertical scroll bars

New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An extra frameset appears to be in the main htm page (attached) that is generated by RoboHelp.  Here’s the frameset:

<frameset cols="100%,*" frameborder=no border=0>

<frame src="whnjs.htm">

<frame src="whskin_blank.htm" noresize>

</frameset>

When viewing the help in a Telerik RadHtmlPlaceholder control in Internet Explorer 9, this frameset causes our help content to appear twice.  The content is stacked on top of each other, and a vertical scroll bar is added.

M3 help two scroll bars (2).jpgM3 help two scroll bars (1).png

Manually removing this frameset resolves the issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and if so, are there any RH options for resolving it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen anyone post about Telerik RadHtmlPlaceholders. What I have seen is a similar display in two scenarios.

1. When using an older version of Firefox. In that instance the tabs in the lower part of the screenshot were a bit different as in your screenshot. The problem is that we don't know what was different in the later version.

2. When using merged webhelp and the start page for a child project is called instead of a topic. In that case the tabs are unlikely to be different.

Sorry I cannot offer anything definite. Maybe you need to approach Telerik.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed the extra frameset problem when using a combination of RH7 and IE9 on my client's QA server. The clent has elected to avoid using the compatibility feature of IE9, so I will need to manually remove the code that causes this problem and retest.

But I would like to ask if users of RH8 and RH9 have also encountered this problem? So far my impression is that only RH7 users with IE9 experience extra framesets.

Thanks.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've not encountered this problem with IE9 on output from RH8 or RH9.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, William!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was using RoboHelp 7, I worked around the frameset problem by deleting the following code from the main pag in my help system, as suggested in the forum:

<frame src="whnjs.htm">

</frameset>

When I did so after generating help in RoboHelp 7, I found that the extra frameset disappeared from IE9. Later I upgraded to RoboHelp 9 for an automated solution to the extra frameset in IE9. But I find that the problem persists. On WebHelp pages with more than a single screenful of text, the double frameset appears, and the content for the page one is viewing is stacked on top of the Welcome page, much as described by TechComm2 at the beginning of this thread. In IE9, with content generated in RoboHelp 9, an extra frameset appears whether I delete the abovementioned code or leave it in.

My project is used as contextual help. Our developers have placed extra security on the project so that a user cannot view the help without first logging in to the application it describes. Because of this, I am asking our developers to help me look for a solution to extra framesets. But I did want to come back to this forum with an update and ask for additional comments from you-all as well.

Thank you.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our developers made some adjustments and the extra frameset has now disappeared. So for us the problem is solved, with RoboHelp 9 and IE9.

Thanks.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m calling Robohelp 9 from a link in my Flex application When the help window popups a horizontal and vertical srollbar is added to the parent window(which is in Flex) This issue is occuring in both IE9 and chrome.

Please provide help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Before the developers on my project made an adjustment to eliminate this problem, I worked around the frameset problem in RoboHelp 9 by deleting the following code from the bottom of the main HTML page in my help system:

<frame src="whnjs.htm">

</frameset>

This was the workround suggested in the forum for RoboHelp 7. It also worked for me in eliminating the extra frameset in RoboHelp 9 / IE9, but I cannot speak about Chrome as I haven't used it. Please give it a go and see if it works for you. I'd be interested to know if it helps in Chrome too.

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's not a problem confined to sites using Telerik controls. If you visit the Techscribe page that discusses WebHelp files (http://www.techscribe.co.uk/ta/web-to-help.htm) using IE9 and click the 'Basic Topic 1' link, you'll see a horozontal scrollbar appear on the parent page to accomodate what I guess is the frameset.

If you use IE9 in compatibility mode (I'm not sure whether this emulates IE7 or IE8) it's not a problem but that's not an option for me.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp