Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Enable the search for a site made ​​with director

Nov 22, 2011 2:27 PM

How can I index for google a site made with Director? (dcr File).

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2011 7:00 AM   in reply to Jhon Carlo

Google certainly cannot crawl your site 'pages' because there are none.

The best you can do is use Google's site submission process to submit your site. However, again, when the Google spider goes to crawl it there'll be nothing. That's why I would never create a whole site in Director... well, that's one of the reasons and pretty good one if all you need is one. I would use Director as I would Flash to add interactive/animated content to a website such as a "featured" section on the site - and even this can now be done using HTML5 and other scripting or cross browser frameworks/technologies such as JQuery which, IMHO, are much better solutions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2011 6:58 PM   in reply to Jhon Carlo

Ofcourse, with a small description-text of the dcr-content containing the most important keywords. You can use a frame-image as html- background. You can embed a movie directly, a small one perhaps, from which you can go to a greater stage later....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2011 5:27 AM   in reply to Jhon Carlo

Yes, the search-engines control whether the keywords are really representative for the content of the html-side. So if you don´t want to inform the user of the dcr-content in advance with an overview, you may hide the text (white textcolor etc.).

(I find it helpful to get a hint of what the movie is about instead of having to scroll through and wasting time in case the content is not interesting for me - often the title alone is not precise enough. Compare the movies with a comment and without one at youtube, vimeo etc. You see that for many people the keywords in the title of the movie-file suffice.)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 5:03 AM   in reply to Jhon Carlo

In my opinion two or three keywords might suffice: your name and s.th. like "biography" or "portfolio" (if you want that the whole world can find your biography with your name) not your actual  biographical data itself.

Don´t know how many browsers can set text to transparent meanwihle. "Hidden" is also hidden for search engines.

An example for dcr containing html with and without button and with a minimum of text: http://titanpad.com/QnWsz5nZtk

The most simple way to publish a portfolio is to write an e-mail "yourname"@posterous.com with the dcr-file attached!!! - and you own a blog named  "www.posterous.com/yourname" in no time - for free.

example: http://ardigi.posterous.com/designaspekte (german only)

For a portfolio (of a professional in the digital domain) it is better to consider jchunks hints and use state of the art tools.

I myself consider free web 2.0 tools as always state of the art in the ever changing tool-world, and feel free to use programms I like to work with.....

Thank you too for your question, because I´ve clearified s.th. for my own now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points