• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Motion recording screen size

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated a project from v3 to v5.  The full motion recordings are not displaying correctly.  They appear to be zoomed in and part of the screen is cut off.  This occurs when editing the slides as well as after published.  The recordings were originally made in 1024x768 then resized to 800x600.  When converting to v4 the recordings are fine, but going from v3 to v5 or v4 to v5 causes this issue.  This is happening on all projects.  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I could see your issue.

I guess there is some issue in Captivate 5. However, the good thing is that - I upgraded my project(1024X768) from V3 to V5(still 1024X768) and then in V5, resized my projec to 800 X 600 - and I got perfect results.

So for now, the ideal thing would be resizing the project after upgrading to V5.

Do let us know whether this resolved your issue...

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I could see your issue. I think there is an issue with Captivate 5.

However, the good thing is that - I upgraded my V3 project ( that is 1024 X 768) to V5 ( still 1024 X 768) and then in V5, I resized my project. This totally worked fine for me. So ideal thing for now is to upgrade your project as-is from V3 to V5 and then resize the project in V5.

Do let us know whether this resolved your issue..

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manish!  This worked for me as well.  Fortunately I had most of my older recordings and was able to easily copy and paste the full motion recordings to the new project.  I did notice that this did not occur on all of my projects only the ones that were capturing screens from a Citrix environment.  Perhaps that could be the issue.

Thanks again!  You saved me a ton of work.

Jami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue, but do not have access to the original 1024X768 recorded files.  So I've got half a project in 800X600, and then the FRM slides are 1024X768 and truncated when published or previewed.  Is there not some easy way to resize just the individual FMR slides within the same project (I'd hate to have to Copy/Paste all the slide into a new file, resize there, then Copy/Past back again, but I will if I must)??  Any other thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources