Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

lcds 3.1 hibernateannotations problem

Former Community Member

I'm trying to use hibernateannotations with lcds 3.1 and flexbuilder 4.5.1 and I'm having problem getting the fill operation to work, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

I'm getting this error back from lcds:

[LCDS]Exception executing assembler operation.  incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.data.messages.DataMessageExt)

operation = fill

id = null

clientId = C1DFF41D-2A96-1A63-E293-F4CB0FEEE405

correlationId =

destination = WrUesdDataManagerService

messageId = 9861843C-94CA-9656-D044-F4CB1029A6AC

timestamp = 1322661908887

timeToLive = 0

body =

[

[[], getAllSorted, [Ljava.lang.Object;@7d6b4be5]

]

hdr(DSId) = D8A3C599-C32F-EA78-D64B-978BE213BFC3

hdr(DSEndpoint) = my-rtmp

exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: flex.messaging.io.ArrayCollection cannot be cast to java.lang.String

at flex.data.assemblers.HibernateAssembler.fill(HibernateAssembler.java:1034)

at flex.data.assemblers.HibernateAssembler.fill(HibernateAssembler.java:957)

at flex.data.adapters.JavaAdapter.invokeFillOperation(JavaAdapter.java:996)

at flex.data.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:622)

my actionscript looks like this:

var param:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

param.addItem(jobs);

param.addItem("getAllSorted");

param.addItem([]);

getAllResult.token = WrUesdDataService.fill(param);

and I've went through commenting out the various params like jobs and [] but I still get the same error

the using lcds 3.1 doc says fills should like this

myService.fill(myCollection, "flex:hql", "from Person p where p.firstName = ? ", ["Paul"]);

but the compiler doesn't that syntax.

I created the service by importing it into the data model and generating the code.

here is my data-managementconfig.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<service id="data-service"

class="flex.data.DataService">

<adapters>

<adapter-definition id="actionscript" class="flex.data.adapters.ASObjectAdapter" default="true"/>

<adapter-definition id="java-dao" class="flex.data.adapters.JavaAdapter"/>

</adapters>

<default-channels>

<channel ref="my-rtmp"/>

</default-channels>

<destination id="WrUesdDataManagerService">

<adapter ref="java-dao" />

<properties>

<source>flex.data.assemblers.HibernateAnnotationsAssembler</source>

<item-class>gov.llnl.castlewr.model.WrUesdData</item-class>

<scope>application</scope>

<metadata>

<identity property="uesdId"/>

</metadata>

<server>

<fill-configuration>

<use-query-cache>false</use-query-cache>

<allow-hql-queries>true</allow-hql-queries>

</fill-configuration>

</server>

</properties>

</destination>

</service>

any suggestions?

3 Replies

Employee

A few questions:

1. What version of the Modeler plugin are you using?
  2. You mentioned that "the using lcds 3.1 doc says fills should like this myService.fill(myCollection, "flex:hql", "from Person p where p.firstName = ? ", ["Paul"]); but the compiler doesn't that syntax" what error does the Flex compiler given you?

Rohit

Former Community Member

From flexbuilder:

ADEP Data Services - Content Repository Enablement 4.5.501000.v315043-20110711 com.adobe.model.feature.ria.feature.group

ADEP Data Services - Flash Builder 4.5 Enablement 4.5.501000.v315043-20110711 com.adobe.model.feature.fb.feature.group

ADEP Data Services - Model Editor 4.5.501000.v315043-20110711 com.adobe.model.feature.editor.feature.group

ADEP Data Services - Modeler Core 4.5.501000.v315043-20110711 com.adobe.model.feature.core.feature.group

ADEP Data Services - SAP Connector 4.5.501000.v315043-20110711 com.adobe.model.feature.sap.feature.group

The compiler wants WrDataService.fill(arg0:ArrayCollection) which I assumed are the 3 args listed for the fill, (collection, query, queryparams)

From: "Rohit . Kumar" <forums@adobe.com<mailto:forums@adobe.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-655742809-9tro-2-2ewwm@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-655742809-9tro-2-2ewwm@mail.forums.adobe.com>" <jive-655742809-9tro-2-2ewwm@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-655742809-9tro-2-2ewwm@mail.forums.adobe.com>>

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:43:51 -0800

To: Chuckles McGregor <mcgregor1@llnl.gov<mailto:mcgregor1@llnl.gov>>

Subject: lcds 3.1 hibernateannotations problem

Re: lcds 3.1 hibernateannotations problem

created by Rohit . Kumar<http://forums.adobe.com/people/Rohit.Kumar> in LiveCycle Data Services ES - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4055062#4055062

Employee

Hmm, looks like you are using the wrong plugin versions. Get plugin v3.11. WrDataService.fill(arg0:ArrayCollection) expects ListCollectionView and followed by set of optional arguments.

Rohit.