Skip navigation
kingfisher64
Currently Being Moderated

Typekit account for registered font folio owners

Nov 30, 2011 10:07 AM

Tags: #fonts #font #web #folio #@font-face #typekit

Hi there,

I would like to request that owners of font folio be given a free permanent typekit account so that those purchased fonts can be used on the web as well as in images, and on physical media.

I purchased a single user licence of font folio 11 this year and it's hugely disappointing that I can't use these fonts on the web. Of course many companies will have paid thousands of pounds for font folio and they should clearly have full access to these fonts for web usage. I will soon be a freelance web designer and this would emmencly help myself and all the graphic/web designers out there.

I'm aware that Adobe have recenlty purchased typekit and that some of those fonts which we have received in font folio are now available in the service. I believe it sends out the wrong message that users who pirate Adobe's fonts and use them on the web with the @fontface method will continue to do so and people who have paid out a significant amount of money to legally use the fonts are being limited/penalised.

As a request can those users who have registered their font folio be given a free permanent typekit account?

Further to this is would be a fantastic service to have ALL of the font folio fonts available on typekit for the law obiding purchaser to use.

Many thanks

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2011 12:31 PM   in reply to kingfisher64

Phil, thanks for the suggestion. Great idea, and we will give it some serious thought here. Keep in mind that not all Adobe fonts on Font Folio are currently available on Typekit, although the collection is still growing. So it's not a perfect solution but your point is well taken.

Regards,

Christopher

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 3:23 PM   in reply to kingfisher64

"Is there anyway adobe could support this method from say a typekit server without the user being able to keep the file?"

It sounds like what you're describing is how Typekit works today. But perhaps I misunderstand.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 4:27 PM   in reply to kingfisher64

Phil, I am the relevant manager (one of them); sorry to not mention that earlier. Go check out Typekit... you can sign up for a free account and get started immediately. It utilizes @font-face and all the relevant web standards -- along with some magic of its own.

Regards,

Christopher

Technical Product Manager, Type

Adobe Systems, Inc.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2011 10:43 PM   in reply to kingfisher64

Hi Phil. Sorry, we can't comment on future product plans. Thanks again, though, for your input.

-Christopher

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points