Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Duplicate command is not working for custom importer

Nov 28, 2011 2:21 AM

Hi All,

I am working on a custom importer plugin. Basic features are working fine, but, I'm facing an issue with Duplicate functionality.

I added a new custom importer clip to project and created a duplicate of that clip (by right clicking the clip in Project window and selecting Duplicate from pop-up menu). Then I added both clip instances to timeline. Now, if I change properties of one clip instance it reflects in both clips. I noticed that both ClipIds are same and they are referring to same media path. I also observed the same behavior in SDK_Custom_importer sample. But, built in 'Color Matte' and 'Title' clips works fine.

As per my understanding, Duplicate command should create a new clip from existing clip and new clip should be independent of original clip after creation.

How to fix this issue? Is there any selector that I should handle to support Duplicate functionality?

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2011 7:17 PM   in reply to knchandan

Hi Chandan,

The Color Matte and Title clips are not quite the same as your custom importer example.  Those are synthetic clips, without a file reference on disk.  If you exported a title to a file on disk, and then reimported it, and duplicated it so that there were two clips in the Project panel that reference the same file on disk, I think you would have the same behavior as what you're seeing with your custom importer.  Duplicate doesn't create a new file on disk.  The user would need to do that manually, and then import the new file.

Regards,

Zac

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2011 9:50 AM   in reply to knchandan

Unfortunately there's nothing like that at this time.  Good idea though.  Is it enough for you to programmatically import the clip, or do you need to open the setup window for the new title?  If it's just programmatically importing the clip, I can add you to the list of requestors for feature request ID 140621.

Zac

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 12:12 PM   in reply to knchandan

Alright, I've added you Chandan.

Zac

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)