• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to back up the data

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the "Failed to back up the data" message box whenever I try to open a single CPTX file. other files work fine. When I open the file, it gives me that message box, I click ok and another box tells me "A fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated...." and Captivate closes.

I have cleared the cache. I also tried to find and rename the preferences folder, but I see no preferences folder or file in \AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate 5.5\ folder. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

The Preferences folder is the folder 'Captivate 5.5' in your profile (users\<your profile>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preferences folder is the folder 'Captivate 5.5' in your profile (users\<your profile>\AppData\Local\Adobe

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it now. renamed the folder and now everything is working...phew!  It turns out all my files would not work after publishing. Thanks for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why rename the Preferences folder? What does that do? I am seeing this same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very old thread. The Preferences folder can get corrupted, but Captivate now has two files 'CleanPreferences' in the subfolder of the installation folder, which you can run (depending on the OS, choose the correct one for Mac or Win) while CP is closed. It will do clear the Preferences and when restarting Captivate a brandnew default Preferences folder is created. However you'll lose all customisation. To preserve some of those custom items, have a look at my blog post:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources