Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How was this created

Nov 30, 2011 10:39 PM

I have a hard time believing that someone manually adjusted all 1200 gradient mesh nodes to cook this up just to sell it on a stock site...  Is there another way to generate meshes?  I need to do another version of this style...

Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 10.35.51 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2011 8:40 AM   in reply to Jesseham

Just speculating, but maybe all those mesh objects formerly were usual gradient fills which perhaps were converted to gradient meshes through Object > Expand, followed by some fine-tuning.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 12:08 PM   in reply to Jesseham

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 1:45 PM   in reply to Jesseham

Jesse, I am a bit surprised.

As far as I remember, you are a conversant illustrator. Therefore, I think, you've already created a couple of drafts about that kind of design, haven't you?

Show and describe what you've done so far, complain about the shortcomings and then see if someone will give some advice :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2011 8:30 AM   in reply to Jesseham

I have a hard time believing that someone manually adjusted all 1200 gradient mesh nodes...

You don't have to manipulate MeshPoints (in Grad Meshes or Envelope Meshes) one-at-a-time. You can subselect whole rows of MeshPoints at once with the white pointer or even make a "weaving" selection with the Lasso around MeshPoints, and then perform ordinary transformations on the selected subset.

JET

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points