• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMR with 30 Frames per Second (Captivate 5.5 Win)

Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I am creating an online YouTube video for a presentation of our product. I am not very sure how to setup the FMR to capture in 30 frames per second. If it is possible where can I configure these settings?

thank you a lot

Rado

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

FMR isn't the best way to capture, but if that's your goal...

30 FPS is the default setting in Captivate unless you have told it otherwise. If you want to double-check, click Edit > Preferences > Project > Publish Settings.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a quick reply.

I have made sure to set this options to 30. However, this does not influence the final published file. After I publish the video according to the preferences below I still get the video with 15 frames per second.

adobe-captivate-publish-settings.png

thanks

Rado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed this. My mp4s are getting exporting 15fps, even with the preferences set to 30fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this frame rate for an mp4 video.

For web delivery of video, 15 fps is sort of the prescribed frame rate. It looks like Adobe hard-coded 15 fps for the generation of an mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's really sad, 15 fps is by no means a standard for today's devices. PErhaps on tiny Sony-Ericson cell phones from 5-6 years ago when displaying 3gp file video at 176x144 or thereabouts, but in the age of iPads and 2000 pixels tablets with dual or quadcore and APU support, really, there's no justification for 15 fps. Besides, through Youtube, Vimeo and the likes, you can get it down at 30 fps easily. 

Any chance this might be fixed by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to say, this business of a fixed frame rate is still a problem: I'm using Captivate 5.5, and whenever I generate an mp4 output, I still get that blasted 15 fps (regardless of my settings). I agree that there is "no justification for 15 fps," considering today's technology. And aesthetically, it looks awkward with the motion being too truncated for my taste. It also makes it hard to work with "true video," which is typically at 30 fps (29.97, to be exact). As a workaround, I've had to use Camtasia for the screen events that I sometimes include in our corporate video presentations: I can at least generate an mp4 clip of a screen event at 30 fps, which I can then import into my NLE's timeline. Hopefully, in next release, Adobe will have this problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, you'd think when they start producing converters for HTML5 output, it would go up to 30 fps, but that converter is not quite there yet either to begin with IMHO.

And I wonder why it was labeled as 'for web delivery' in the first place. MP4 does not necessarily imply web. I can see using the same MP4 at tradeshows on bigscreen locally. And 15 fps really looks bad in that case. I can also see playing such video locally on an iPad during a sales preso, or in an elevator pitch. Can't use the Flash alternative in case of iOS, it's gotta be MP4 until they make HTML5 a viable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources