Skip navigation
pplanch
Currently Being Moderated

Digital Editions 1.7 : not able to install, 1.8 does not allow to authorize for multiple IDs ?

Dec 4, 2011 2:54 AM

Hello,

I just created an Adobe membership account in order to be able to install Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 on my Mac. When clicking on the install button on your website, I get error message "safari can't open the page "http://%25%7benv:www.adobe.com%7D/special/errorpages/404.html" because the page address is invalid.

We have purchased a number of e-Books some time ago, and based on the information I could find I should be able to authorise more than 1 computer in my family to read these books.

So, after some looking around, I found the possibility to download a preview of Adobe Digital Editions 1.8, and I authorised it with my newly created Adobe membership account. Next I also want to authorise my computer for the account of my Partner, but the menu option for "Authorise computer" is grayed out.

Please advise

(note : my system is identical to that of my partner, and she has been running Adobe Digital Editions for some time without problems … so it can't be a system problem on my end of the connection)

Thank you

Philip Planchenault

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2011 7:41 PM   in reply to pplanch

Hi Philip, the "Authorise computer" option is grayed out because your Partner's computer has been authorized with another account. You may check that through the "Authorize Information" menu option.

To authorize your Partner's computer with your newly created account, just open the books you fulfilled with the new account on that computer. Digital Editions will bring up a wizard for you to authorize with new account. Please be aware that one account can only authorize 6 times at most.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 10:43 PM   in reply to pplanch

Please try the solutions provided in http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403051.html if you can't install Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 from Adobe.com.

You need to open the PDF/EPUB file instead of the ACSM file to authorize your Partner's computer with your newly created account. You may select a book and then press Command + I to know where it is stored.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2011 12:18 AM   in reply to pplanch

ACSM file is just a glue that tells you where to download PDF/EPUB. Once you fulfill (double click or drag and drop to open) an ACSM, a PDF/EPUB is added to your local disk. What you need to do is to find the PDF/EPUB and then try to open it on your Partner's computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points