Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Vista Compatible?

Jan 25, 2007 7:26 PM

Does any one know if Flashpaper2 works in any version of Windows Vista? I have attempted to install Flashpaper2 under Windows Vista Enterprise Business and it will not install.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Jan 30, 2007 9:09 PM   in reply to jimotr
    I am experiencing the same problem. I installed Flashpaper with Vista Business Ultimate Edition and get the following error message.

MMxpt has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available.

Mike Daniel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2007 8:34 PM   in reply to jimotr
    yeah i have windows VISTA Ultimate X64 edition and i managed to get the application to install but then when i try to run it i get this error " Could not find the Flash Paper Printer Please Reinstall Flash Paper Printer Flash paper Printer Will now Close" this isnt going to be the same issue as with acrobat ans post script Drivers for X64 os's????
    i do hope not!!!!

come on adobe get ya fingers to work... create the Drivers or updates that we need!!!

thanks
    :-s

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2007 7:41 PM   in reply to timsansom
    yeah similar to my problem in xp 64 bit edition..... thanks for the worthless software adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2007 11:59 AM   in reply to jimotr
    I got the MMxpt not working error as well. Looks like this is not an isolated incident. How about a solution Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2007 11:40 AM   in reply to jimotr
    I had some luck but it's still not working very well. It's been a few weeks since I did this so I may still be a bit fuzzy with the details.

Basically I ran MMLicenseMgr.exe in C:/Program Files/Macromedia/FlashPaper 2/MLM as an administrator to register the project. Then I ran the regular install (as an administrator I think). When I was done I was able to print to FlashPaper from most applications as long as I ran them as an administrator.

I hope that helps some of you until Adobe releases a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2007 3:58 PM   in reply to AdamCrownoble
    I came to the forum to ask why my FlashPaper no longer works. Hmmm..............looks like the problem is Windows Vista?
    I am having problems running a lot of the software I ran on WinXP Pro. I'm really disappointed because there is no choice -- it's a monopoly. If you buy a new computer, it has Vista.

And Windows didn't give people enough time to get their software updated for the new OS, so many software companies do not support WIN Vista at all. I have found that to be the case with a lot of software I ran before.

So on Flash Paper, I used to be able to print anything in FP, and now it just sits there TRYING to configure to do the print process but does nothing.

I'm disappointed as I used it a lot.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2007 8:33 AM   in reply to Pea-Jay
    quote:

Originally posted by: Pea-Jay
    And Windows didn't give people enough time to get their software updated for the new OS, so many software companies do not support WIN Vista at all. I have found that to be the case with a lot of software I ran before.

I too cant get mine to work - i'm using the 32bit version (business edition for what it's worth, but that doesnt change much). I dont agree that "windows" (i.e. microsoft) didnt give enough time. RC1 was in September, and no major changes have really happend. Further more, the RTM was in November, so we're now february.

The message i get is that Flashapper is trying to show a message. I click on the message box , and it sends me to this strange screen with nothing buy the flashpaper exe, and the fact it is processing. alas that's as far as it goes. Could Adobe get a patch for this please?!

I use it for both Flashpaper and PDF loads, and buying Acrobat doesnt solve the problem as I want it in flash . I know it's getting quite old, but i bought Studio 8 - there is no more modern version. No doubt Adobe will axe Flashpaper anyway, but for us loyal customers out there, a fix - or at least some workarounds, or comment (i have seen none...i'll keep looking) from Adobe about what we are supposed to do.

My only real other option is to use PDF and XPS add ons in Office 2007, and XPS for everything else that is not from Office... But i know Adobe arent too hot on that idea!! :-). BUt quite seriously here: i'm now in a poition where Flashpaper has not been a very well suported format. WHen macromeida released it, they did nothing buy claim it was better than PDF - even doing side by side comparisons on size etc. NOw Adobe has bought macromedia up, i kind of find my huge library of FlashPaper is sort of redundant (even if flash lives on).

William Dowell

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2007 2:35 PM   in reply to jimotr
    >>>>..I use it for both Flashpaper and PDF loads, .....Studio 8 - there is no more modern version. No doubt Adobe will axe Flashpaper anyway, but for us loyal customers out there, a fix - or at least some workarounds, or comment (i have seen none...i'll keep looking) from Adobe about what we are supposed to do<<<<
    I agree. I used FP for a lot of client work and I miss being able to use it. I sure oppose the way Microsoft just forces the public to use a new OS (Vista) if you buy a new computer built around Vista, but then the software is all outdated and most companies are not going to cater to Vista until there are enough users out there. I don't think it'll be long, however, because ANY new computer now is VISTA, Sonys, HPs, etc... But I'd like my stuff to work NOW not 6 months from now or never. :o(

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2007 3:24 AM   in reply to jimotr
    After reading all of these posts, I need some advice. I used RoboPDF to create PDF documents from Word. Really, that’s all I need to do. I was forced to get a new computer last week due to the untimely death of my laptop and, of course, it had Vista.

As I soon found out, RoboPDF doesn’t work on Vista is no longer a supported product. In my haste to get back up and running quickly, I dropped $80 and bought Flash Paper only to find out that it doesn’t work either.

I am still within my 30 days return period and want to know if anyone thinks I should hope and pray this will be resolved before then or if I should return it. (An OFFICIAL reply from Adobe would be nice.)

Are there any other products that will enable me to create PDF document from Word?

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 14, 2007 10:41 AM   in reply to rritts
    I would suggest you get a refund. Google the internet for products that convert Word to PDF. Most likely it will be 'print driver', like Adobe's Distiller. Meaning when you go to print you'll select the new printer driver vice your normal printer and this will convert it from Word to PDF.

Hope this helps.
    Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2007 2:10 PM   in reply to AdamCrownoble
    I get the same error message when trying to run the MMLicenseMgr.exe Any other suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2007 12:07 AM   in reply to jimotr
    I don't know if any of you have used CutePDF (www.cutepdf.com), but it's a great, free PDF printer. I went looking for it again when FlashPaper refused to work on Vista. It currently supports Vista (including x64, which I have so I can confirm this). Just install it, and then when it asks to download and install the other component, say yes.

Now if you get an error like I did, don't worry. You can still get it to work.

A search through their FAQs shows how to fix this printer install error - unfortunately the fix doesn't work in Vista quite as reported. This is how I got it towork. After install (ignore the install errors, as long as you have the latest version installed) open the printers folder. Right click and go to "run as administrator --> add printer". Select local printer. If the CW2 port shows up, select that, else select "create new port" and choose "cutepdf writer monitor". Then for the printer model, select basically anything (you could do a have disk I suspect, if you could find where the files are). Name the printer CutePDF Writer Then after the printer is created, go to the printer's properties. (select it and choose "set printer properties" from the bar at top of the folder). Go to the advanced tab. Under driver, use the drop down and select "CutePDF Writer".

This worked like a charm for me. Hopefully it will be of some use to others until Adobe gets a FlashPaper patch out.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2007 10:29 AM   in reply to jimotr
    As far as I can tell from Adobe's official press release on the matter, there are no plans for Adobe to do antyhing about this. In their official reponse ( http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_ vista.pdf) they say that flashpaper "installs and runs with minimal known issues" which is absolutely incorrect, but it appears to be a blanket statement they're attaching to all of their products they apparently never tested on Vista.

I wouldn't anticipate Adobe ever delivering a patch for flashpaper on Vista.

It would appear that their efforts are focused on their new initiatves at the peril of any compatibility patches for older Macromedia products.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2007 10:39 AM   in reply to jimotr
    ammendment to my previous post: I didn't really mean to leave the last part on my post about the "apparently never tested on Vista". After I typed that I realized that it's quite possible that the version of software they tested on or the version fo Vista they tested against didn't have a compatibility issue. I have no way of knowing whther or not they tested this beyond what they say in this press release, but it at first glance it would appear that it wasn't tested on an official release of Vista. Again, this is purely seculation.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2007 1:16 AM   in reply to jimotr

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2007 1:18 AM   in reply to DonZorro78

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2007 2:58 AM   in reply to jimotr
    I think that the ex Macromedia have done a really bad move choosing Adobe!
    Anyway boone51, i think you was right because they have removed the pdf and no one seem interested in give us some answers ^_^''

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2007 5:33 PM   in reply to jimotr
    To be fair, Macromedia didn't "choose" Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2007 7:55 PM   in reply to jimotr
    First of all, I am not experiencing any of the errors you report. My problem is this: I have installed Contribute and FlashPaper successfully (no installation errors reported). However, after I select Macromedia FlashPaper as my printer for a particular job, the print queues correctly, no error printing appears, but nothing else happens… AT ALL! No FlashPaper file, no popup error, nothing.

If Adobe can, in good conscience charge an exorbitant price for its software, then it behooves them to support those products. Damn what Microsoft has done, fix YOUR product!

I really can’t believe your solution is to “Install FlashPaper on a supported operating system…”

Oh, really? Would you like to hear that from your car dealer?

“Oh, sorry to hear your new $50 thousand car doesn’t work. You should just drive your old one, instead.”

You’d go as crazy as I’m getting!

Please, do something.
    Sincerely,
    Steve Perry
    SPerry@Sayne.com

Buyer of Macromemdia Products since 1997 and Adobe Products since 2001.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 29, 2007 7:51 AM   in reply to jimotr
    Contribute 3.x with FlashPaper... that install of FlashPaper does not work on Vista at all.
    Contribute 4 with FlashPaper... installed and works splendidly on Vista... almost faster than XP.

It isn't included with CS3 of course, but if you have your copy of Contribute 4, then have at it... works great.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2007 9:33 AM   in reply to Andrade_Nation
    I received the same message, MMxpt stop working, upon upgrading Contribute 3 to version 3.11 on Vista Bus. Enterprise.
    Not too familiar with FlashPaper and wanted to uninstall to resolve, but could not find 'quick' way to do so. My workaround
    was to run Contribute in compability mode for XP SP2 and also select "Run as Administrator'. User is member of admin group,
    but without that box checked error will reoccur even when in compability mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2007 8:19 AM   in reply to jimotr
    I think the problem is with Flashpaper.

I love the product - I use it to turn teaching powerpoints etc. into .swf for posting on websites - it it great so please don't axe it.

However!!

1. It runs perfectly for me on Vista Business, installed first time and never gives me any grief.

2. It used to run perfectly for me on XP Pro on a home desktop machine.

3. It has never worked for me on my work laptop (also XP Pro) - it just hangs with the "working.." pop-up. If I close that I get a printing error in the print manager window.

I suspect there is a problem with the way it accesses the print manager.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2007 5:50 PM   in reply to albert_storm@comcast.net
    I am experiencing the same problem....I download the flash player yet I cannot utilize the java script...please help me out!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2007 1:34 PM   in reply to tp11235
    What is the correct link to your fix? I tired it and must not be there anymore. Please let us know what to do to get this to work in Vista!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2007 4:10 PM   in reply to jimotr
    So, hey Adobe, is there going to be an update to Flash Paper that will work on Vista without having to tweak the flange grommet or reloading the protocol stack? If this functionality is incorporated with another "Adobe" product I would loooove to know what it is. Just tell me and I would be happy to buy it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2007 7:44 AM   in reply to Atrozoom
    Right,
    I have spoken to Adobe (on the phone) and they say in short unless you have the CS2 version they don't care.
    All the other versions don't work and they aren’t going to do anything about it as they are no longer covered by support (If you have the CS2 version, call them to fix).
    This really annoys me as I have paid for this product and it doesn't work and my friend didn't and cracked it and his still works perfectly.
    I have found that if you put the Contribute CD in and run a repair it will load up and work but when you close it again it won't open unless you run the install fix again.
    By the way the above link doesn't work!
    For the record I hate adobe help they are useless I have emailed them and called them many times over the last 4 years and they have never sorted out a single problem, it has always been users who have helped me out or uploaded a patch!
    I won't be using adobe products again and I suggest that every one else seriously reconsiders there loyalty to adobe if this is the level service you can expect
    The amount of time I have spent on the help pages, phone and emails I probably could have written a program that actually works! (And paid for the product 12 times over)
    Yours
    The seriously disappointed customer (maybe I should just get an illegal version)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2007 4:21 AM   in reply to Pea-Jay
    My solution: installed Microsoft Virtual PC and installed XP + Flashpaper on it. Works great!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2007 3:31 PM   in reply to JaapEric
    My corporation would like to invest in FlashPaper but we are all using Vista. Currently there is no feedback from Adobe if this product is discontinued or not. It still hold the title "Macromedia FlashPaper"... hmmm.

TO ADOBE: Please let us know what the future of this product is!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2007 11:40 AM   in reply to rapidfyre
    A very simple solution

I had this problem today and I Fixed it by running the Program compatibilty wizard built into Vista. Just be sure to select the compatibility mode for WinXP and to run the program as an administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2007 4:44 PM   in reply to vista_brian
    The solution is very simple.

- Right click on the Macromedia FlashPaper 2 shortcut
    - Choose Run as administrator

Make sure you have installed the patch installer which can be download from here; otherwise you
    will get the "Could not find FlashPaper Printer" exception.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2007 2:34 PM   in reply to jimotr
    If you have install FlashPaper2 on your PC with Vista, and it can't find the printer then the answer is here...

How to make FlashPaper2 work on Vista (click here)

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 7, 2008 8:58 PM   in reply to shockthetoast
    I installed CutePDF and it works perfectly. I've always used FlashPaper to print sheet music to PDF files and CutePDF works even more flawlessly and simply! No need for Acrobat Pro or FlashPaper anymore! Thanks to njdoor for suggesting that!!!

quote:

Originally posted by: njdoor
    I don't know if any of you have used CutePDF (www.cutepdf.com), but it's a great, free PDF printer. I went looking for it again when FlashPaper refused to work on Vista. It currently supports Vista (including x64, which I have so I can confirm this). Just install it, and then when it asks to download and install the other component, say yes.

Now if you get an error like I did, don't worry. You can still get it to work.

A search through their FAQs shows how to fix this printer install error - unfortunately the fix doesn't work in Vista quite as reported. This is how I got it towork. After install (ignore the install errors, as long as you have the latest version installed) open the printers folder. Right click and go to "run as administrator --> add printer". Select local printer. If the CW2 port shows up, select that, else select "create new port" and choose "cutepdf writer monitor". Then for the printer model, select basically anything (you could do a have disk I suspect, if you could find where the files are). Name the printer CutePDF Writer Then after the printer is created, go to the printer's properties. (select it and choose "set printer properties" from the bar at top of the folder). Go to the advanced tab. Under driver, use the drop down and select "CutePDF Writer".

This worked like a charm for me. Hopefully it will be of some use to others until Adobe gets a FlashPaper patch out.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Oct 14, 2008 12:40 PM   in reply to jimotr
    Thanks, Thomas Vedel! Where there's a will, there's a way. I posted a link to the Patch Installer on my tekkie blog (with full credit to Thomas Vedel) at:

http://www.viewsfromthecoop.com/2008/flashpaper-2-can-play-nice-with-v ista/

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2009 2:43 AM   in reply to jimotr
    Can see the solution here: http://www.danielzegarra.net/2008/07/02/flash-paper-en-vista/ . Is in spanish. Just use any traductor and problem result.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Apr 2, 2009 6:00 AM   in reply to jimotr
    Adobe claims that for the MAC that this product is part of Contribute (not a stand alone). Yet I can't find it in Contribute and a search in Help states there is no topic for Flashpaper. Any help would be appreciated,

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2009 11:25 AM   in reply to jimotr

Too buggy for me, thats surprising coming from adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Dec 6, 2011 1:21 PM   in reply to iiguana69

I am using Contribute 3 and Flashpaper on Windows 7 and getting the exact same error message.  I checked run as admin for all users and checked to run in compatibility mode for XP also.  I then logged in as a local administrator and was able to activate the software.  Logged back in as a regular user and it worked.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)