Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash plug-in not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Sony Vaio, Windows pc 64-bit

My seperate flash player plug-in doesn't work when I click on a SWF file in my folders.

I've been here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/  where it shows adobe flash is installed and working.  However, it only works in CS5.5 adobe flash while viewing a FLA file and clicking on ctrl/enter.
But when I click on a swf file in a folder, nothing happens. I've associated the swf files with HTML so it opens with IE9. But it won't open as a seperate window as it does while in CS5.5 Adobe flash.

What is the association to the file I can write in? It's not:
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, FlashInstall.log flashplayer.xpt FlashUtil11e_Plugin.exe"
Because that is the uninstaller.  Thanks.

Also how do I find this answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my own problem:

I use windows 7 and this is my solution.

The file I needed, the stand alone swf player is called: flashplayer_11_sa_32bit - this is the player i needed.

I accidently found this site:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

and found I only needed one of these 4 files (the one above in paranthesis) . I then tested it and when it worked, I placed this stand alone program in with my Adobe CS5.5 folder but in a seperate folder. Then I made an association to it with my SWF files. I rightclick on SWF file, I choose OPEN WITH and locate the new file I just put into the new folder in Adobe. I put it in with Adobe so it will not get lost.

, Now when I double click on a SWF file, the Flash program opens and I can play my swf file. However i am leary of updating it because though I run a 64 bit program it runs perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines