Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

avchd presets

Dec 6, 2011 10:54 PM

I originally downloaded a trial version of Premiere Pro 5 to try it out but found that the trial version doesn't have a preset for AVCHD.  I went on to the forums here and confirmed this, everyone stated that you needed a full version to get this preset. 

So I went out and bought an education  edition (5.5) and read online that this edition is identical to the full retail version.  After loading the program, I'm finding that it still doesn't have a preset for AVCHD.  Am I missing something?  I've checked again on the forums but everyone seems to indicate that I should have this preset with my store bought version.  Thanks for help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2011 7:17 AM   in reply to Team Wrong

Looks like it's still reading it as a Trial version, a well known bug that seems to strike at random times... you need to do a COMPLETE uninstall of ALL Adobe suite software, run the Registry Cleaning Script and then do a fresh install from your discs.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 11:14 AM   in reply to Team Wrong

Is just the avchd presets or are you missing more?

See below what you should have.

presets.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 2:27 PM   in reply to Team Wrong

Sounds like the trial version.

Did you activate the MC with a serial number?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 1:59 AM   in reply to Team Wrong

Did you uninstall the trial CS5.0 completely, run the Clean script utility up to three times and only then install CS5.5? I assume remnants of the CS5.0 trial version cause this current behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 10:46 AM   in reply to Team Wrong

Team,

That is great news, and on two fronts:

You are now up and running with your CS 5.5, w/ AVCHD Presets, and that the Adobe T/S Live Chat worked so well.

Thanks for reporting your successes, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 12:08 PM   in reply to Team Wrong

had me trash a cache file

Which one?  Others might benefit from the same process.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Team Wrong

Got it working. I cloned the entire drive before I did this. I then uninstalled, ran the cleanup utility, then did a find of the word "Adobe". I then trashed everything with "adobe" in the file name (unless it was something I created). But in essence, all cache files, all prefs, etc that the cleanup utility missed. Reinstalled and the R3D presets are finally there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points