• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error compiling for IOS "map failed"

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have installed Flash Builder 4.6 I allways get an error when I compile for Device "Map Failed".

Compiling for Desktop works fine. When I used Flash Builder 4.5.1 I had sometimes the same problem,

but sometimes compiling worked.

here is the logfile:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-12-07 12:16:06.832

!MESSAGE Map failed

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore.java:1019)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:52)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.packaging.IPAPackager.create(IPAPackager.java:276)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:314)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.launch(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:185)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:191)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-12-07 12:16:07.520

!MESSAGE Fehler beim Verpacken der Anwendung:

Map failed

What can I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a similar error when exporting a release build for ios.

It seems to be caused by the number of assets I include in the project. If I remove all of the video assets from the package it builds a working release. When the video assets are included, it fails to export the release build with the error "map failed".

So it seems to be the number of assets included or the total size of the included assets that causes the error for me. But I can't find a way around it so can't currently export a release build with all the required assets.

I'm starting to wonder wether I'm going to have to write some kind of "updater" to download all the required assts to the iOS device when the app is first run, which isn't ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround.

Using a Computer with faster CPU, more RAM and Windows7 (instead XP) it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing an update, very useful.

We're building on a reasonably powerful machine (Windows 7, 4gb Ram, i5 2500k processor) but it does have only 4-5Gb of hard disk space free on the drive Flash Builder is installed on. As it's attempting to build a .ipa file that will be 850mb or so, I wonder if that could be causing the problem.

As a test, I installed the Flash Builder trial on a brand new iMac we have here. Think that should have a similar amount of RAM and processor, but had 480gb of free hard disk space. That seems to have compiled without the error.

Anyway, good to have some options! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was getting the same error. And found this post. I now it's old, but for the record this is how I solved it in my case:

When you Export Release Build, Flash Builder creates a folder suffixed "-temp", for example, "bin-release-temp". I noticed after one of the builds failed this folder was not deleted. I fixed the bug, but started getting the "Map failed" error.

I manually deleted "bin-release-temp" from my project folder, and exported successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines