Skip navigation
akalollip
Currently Being Moderated

Pan & Zoom going fullscreen

Dec 7, 2011 6:47 AM

Hi there,

After having finished our first single-folio publication, there’s one thing I felt shy off in the Overlay Creator possibilities.

It would have been great to allow a pan & zoom frame to go fullscreen on tap. Such a feature being optional, it would allow either an in-frame pan&zoom-browsing of the image, or a fullscreen mode similar to the one available with video (with a ‘ok’ button appearing on tap and quitting the fullscreen mode). This would allow more flexibility in layouts, allowing thumbnails to lead to a fullscreen pan & zoom, thus profiting from the whole screen area and providing a more immersive experience.

For now, I have been playing with an ersatz for this, using MSO to get from a thumbnail to a fullscreen image (and you can’t zoom further in the big picture), but it turns out to be very heavy and having several of these work-arounds in an article can make the browsing very slow (on ipad rotation for instance).

I hope this is possible in a near future, for our next app perhaps…

Btw, thanks for all the work put in constantly improving the tools !

Loïc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to akalollip

I completely agree.  It should be a given option, to make any overlay object or MSO full screen.

I'm loving dps, but hat having to make some strange MSO's to get images to be "full screen".

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to jkuhns5

It works to go full screen with a messy mso object, but the other overlays which are "beneath" that fullscreen mso f.e. Scrollable containers doesnt seem to work anymore then. So better just have a fullscreen slideshow with nothing more special in(under) it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to al_me

I have it working with vdeo underneath and it works just fine, but not scrolling content, when I get a chance, I will see if I can get it to work and let you know.  maybe they will get this going in v21 or 22

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points