• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS4 Library files missing

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that I was unable to see the standard menus or buttons in Encore so I checked the Library folder only to find that it does not exist. Any suggestions as to where this folder should be?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know about the locations for the CS4 Functional Content, but there are several threads on this board, with the exact folder locations for earlier versions. I'd *guess* that they will be the same, or very similar, for CS4.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

thanks for the reply. The files are not there and nowhere to be found. Everything was installed from the disk but there is no libaray folder or a resource folder with any usuable file for importing as menus or what was contained in CS3? Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Functional Content should be available at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Library.

Encore 4.0.1 has added a few new menus. You can download them via "Resource Central".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it seems like you have to download every single individual template. I cant' find any option to download them all. It seems rather absurd that Adobe would not allow one to download the library in one shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread. Some of the links do not work. You do not need to download templates one at a time.

Whether you have CS6 or an older version, you can use the library here:

Encore Help | Download full library content/functional content

It just does not put it in the right place; you must do that manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time of writing this, the download page referenced doesn't explicitly state that the file is for previous versions of Encore, such as CS4, and only states that the search for the Library references Encore CS6. Thank you for confirming that the downloadable file is for the previous versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've compared various versions of the library, but don't recall some of the results. An eye opener for me is that the SD versions still use the "old" pars that were incorrect as of CS4. When you add one to Encore, it makes the correction, so an "edit in photoshop" shows it correct, whereas opening such a menu directly in Photoshop shows it has an incorrect par.

That is when I concluded that it really didn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2008 Dec 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no library in my CS4 folder either. But I could move the library from CS3 over and CS4 reads it OK. But are there new templates in CS4 that I should have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2008 Dec 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I seem to recall people mentioning a few new Templates, and I think that Adobe might have added a few in addition later on. Is yours a download purchase? If so, there should be a second download file with the Functional Content. This will be a separate Extract/Install.

Also, I believe that a few of the older Templates have been removed. Might want to check this out with folk, who had both CS3 and now CS4.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2009 Jan 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, in the second content extractor i only have policy files and a copy of the end user agreement, can someone upload them to a server? or email me the library files, also does anyone know if the library files affect all programs? as i have no library files in any of the programs (i have the master collection)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2009 Jan 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

Most of the programs have their own Functional Content, PS, PP & Encore. AE probably does too, but I'd have to go and verify.

Did you purchase the discs, or just download?

As I have never bought an Aodbe program via download, especially the Master Collection, I do not know how many additional downloads might be required. It seems that just the PP stuff for CS2 was 4.3GB when extracted.

If via download, Adobe will have all of your info, including all links for Functional Content. Remember, these will be archived files (once 7zip), and will have to be fully Extracted, prior to installation. A call to Adobe will get you all links necessary.

Don't forget to Extract all archived files,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks Hunt, i have a 7zip file in the digital download i forgot to extract. Thanks very much :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack, what was the zip file named that contained the Encore CS4 extras? I don't appear to have it. But I'd like to do a search before I try to download it again.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, cant find the library files or menus, cant find it online.. its not an option in the cs4 suite.. any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markm75g,

Expand this thread (hit "First") to show all 9 replies above yours. If you did a download of CS4, then the directions should be in those earlier replies. If you purchased the full set of DVD's, then you will only have to do an install, and choose the Functional Content.

Did you download, or purchase the full boxed set?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new here, but have not found a solution to my problem of no library in Encore CS4.  I found one site that had instructions for those of us who bought the discs (Creative Suite 4 production premium) but I cannot seem to get the disc to work properly.

The instructions were to put in the first disc go to setup.exe, deselect all items, select Encore, custom install, select Adobe Encore CS4 library, and install.  However, when I put in the disc and tried to deselect all items it would not work.  I could not select nor deselect, only fully install the suite all over again (which I have done 3 times).  Is there some trick to selecting or deselecting?

Is there anyone with a solution to the library problem or should I try to get Adobe to send me another disc?

Something strange when installing, I only used application disc 1 & 2, but have application discs 3 & 4 that are not used and seem to not have any exe files or usable files, a content disc that seems to have only a read me pdf file and a learning disc that directs me to websites.

Any help would be great.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the page you are referring to.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85388.html

When I put CS4 install disk 1 in, it takes a while to examine the system, then shows what is installed (Production Premium) with all the programs unchecked. I can check only the Encore library.

Does the install program see your already installed programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files you need are downloadable from the Adobe website. If you bought the software from the Adobe store there will be a record of your purchase and serial number. There are also instructions on install.

One-iron

Michael A. Cox

Burro Creek Pictures, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing CS4 all disks are used.

Here are the instructions for CS4 for the missing content.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408826.html

Maybe its best to uninstall everything

run Cleaner tool

and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack
I too would like to know which zip file you found that solved the issue?
Having searched all downloaded files I cannot identify any that might indicate as belonging to Encore CS4 Library.
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

On the Web site, furnished by Adobe, where you downloaded your program files, there should be a second download link. IIRC, the file name is very similar to that of the programs.

If you no longer have your Web link, call Adobe. Furnish them with your S/N and invoice number. They will have the info for you. They should also be able to instruct you as to which of the two files you need. Were I in this position, I would just download each of the two files, that will be hyperlinked from "your" Web site. One will be the program installer, the other the Functional Content.

Remember! You
b MUST
Extract these files, before you attempt to install. They will not install from the archived files.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just open ENCORE CS4 open resource central under templates you will see missing items listed (Education themes, general unfortunately you have to hit the arrow to the right of the template you want and it will download to your library)

See attached png for example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is neat and something that I have not heard of.

Thanks for sharing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through an agonizing period, wjile trying to figure out the silly Encore Library thing.

I'm running 64-bit Vista (onl;y because I have to) and after two totally clean installs, still did not see the library in the Encore Folder ---UNTILL I LOOKED IN %$^&*#$ (x86) Adobe Folder.   The freakin' installs it in the 32-bit sectio of the OS, and does Adobe mention that anywhere ( I have several help memos)----Not A Word.

The Arrogance at Apple is rubbing off on Adobe...then again maybe it started there.

M Alan Cox

Burro Creek Pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines