Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conveting xls data to slides

Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just getting into the mobile apps. Client has xls file of content for a hundred or more slide content for a study guide. Is there a tutorial or help somewhere to show me how to convert xls to a format that Captivate will accept? And how to import it into Captivate once the data is ready? Like I said I'm just getting started...

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

So this is a large Excel spreadsheet? I'm unaware of a way to directly import that type of data. Usually Excel spreadsheets contain fincial or other "number centric" data.

I'm not an Excel user, but a thought occurs that perhaps Microsoft has a way to convert Excel or embed it in PowerPoint. Then you could import the PowerPoint into Captivate.

Another option would be to simply run Captivate and record the Excel as you change views.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one other thing. I'm utterly confused by the mention of "mobile apps" and XLS data. Please explain?

Cheers...Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick by saying "mobile apps" I mean that my client is looking to create Android and iPhone apps for this study guide they need to create (which they have organized into the xls file I spoke of earlier). Also, is there a specific tutorial or instructions on how to format and import external xml  or html data?  (The client has requested this data be part of the app, located on the phone - not on a remote server) I will look into Microsoft's site concerning how to export the xls data.

Thx Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Randy

My guess here is that Captivate won't be the tool you need for this. There is nothing in Captivate I'm aware of that will help you in any way with building a mobile app.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources