Skip navigation
nikycole
Currently Being Moderated

Change color in dress from pink to red

Dec 10, 2011 12:18 PM

Hi,

I've been trying for days to change the color of this light pink in a dress to red or maybe even green.  I'm trying to fix this for christmas cards.  Nobody can seem to help me get the color to look nice.  I've watched a ton of youtube video with no luck, it always looks neon in color.

Please help! DSC_0069-copy2.jpg

Replies
  • Keli Douglas
    23 posts
    Nov 28, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2011 2:12 PM   in reply to nikycole

The best way to do this is you have to cut out the dress.

Copy the picture and make a new layer for it.

Hide the background layer.

Now you have to isolate that dress. Use the magic wand, erasers, what ever you can to cut out that dress. (Sorry I did not do a good job I have a meeting at 3pm)

Use the colorize feature on the Hue/Sateration option and start changing the color.

Use blending options, smudge tools, and soft erasers to give it a finished look.

Picture 16.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2011 8:04 PM   in reply to nikycole

Another way is to select the dress with the quick selection tool (you can use refine edge to soften the edges of the selection) and then make a color fill layer using overlay, softlight, hue or color blend modes for the color fill layer.

Each blend mode gives a different tone (look) to the color. Then paint on the layer mask to refine the areas that the quick selection tool may have missed.

Untitled-6.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points